• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR WARS directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy starring Daisy Ridley (TBD)

72 posts in this topic

Disney has a PR nightmare.

I mean how stupid are these people to not course correct their past mistakes which is a simple fix.

2024 is already starting to show Disney is apparently still okay with making movies that lose money because of the attitude of the people they hire before filming even begins.

Kathleen Kennedy should have been fired years ago.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 1/4/2024 at 6:03 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

its just my childhood they keep ruining lol

This movie is already D.O.A.

Well, guess someone should tell you that nobody but your perverted uncle has ruined that for you

Just a movie, its sad they don't want to make real money and want to push agendas, but the best thing to do is just never give them money till they learn

On 1/4/2024 at 3:22 PM, Poutine said:

Well, guess someone should tell you that nobody but your perverted uncle has ruined that for you

Just a movie, its sad they don't want to make real money and want to push agendas, but the best thing to do is just never give them money till they learn

I don't have an uncle, and why would you assume he was perverted.

Well my Great Uncle did die two weeks and he lived in Ontario, Canada.  But I dont think he was perverted. (shrug)

On 1/4/2024 at 6:23 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I don't have an uncle, and why would you assume he was perverted.

Well my Great Uncle did die two weeks and he lived in Ontario, Canada.  But I dont think he was perverted. (shrug)

It was a complete generalization and its perplexing that I have to explain it

On 1/4/2024 at 3:25 PM, Poutine said:

It was a complete generalization and its perplexing that I have to explain it

Wait in general Canadians think most Uncles are perverted?

You guys really must do things differently up North.   Crazy!

On 1/4/2024 at 6:27 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Wait in general Canadians think most Uncles are perverted?

You guys really must do things differently up North.   Crazy!

Yeah, having a sense of humor tends to be considered hysteria in certain circles these days

On 1/4/2024 at 6:06 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Disney has a PR nightmare.

I mean how stupid are these people to not course correct their past mistakes which is a simple fix.

2024 is already starting to show Disney is apparently still okay with making movies that lose money because of the attitude of the people they hire before filming even begins.

Kathleen Kennedy should have been fired years ago.

I have a good holding of Disney stock that does nothing and though some disagree, I think this type of stuff has a direct impact on their movie returns.

They should try this for 2024 as an experiment. Write a good story with no agenda of any kind. Just a well written film. Don’t allow anyone on the cast, the crew, or production talk about the movie. Everyone has to keep their mouth shut. Just show teasers leading up to the trailers and then release it. See if the returns go up. 

On 1/4/2024 at 4:05 PM, CAHokie said:

I have a good holding of Disney stock that does nothing and though some disagree, I think this type of stuff has a direct impact on their movie returns.

They should try this for 2024 as an experiment. Write a good story with no agenda of any kind. Just a well written film. Don’t allow anyone on the cast, the crew, or production talk about the movie. Everyone has to keep their mouth shut. Just show teasers leading up to the trailers and then release it. See if the returns go up. 

Those people are uneducated.

Totally agree with you that is 110% has an impact on the stock price.  Losing money by any means will effect the stock price.

I sold my position in Disney stock in  early 2022.

A value company that provides no value, and now a joke of dividend.  Good riddance.  I was happy to dump it and make a small profit from selling it.  Right now people are not buying what Disney is selling, and Disney+ has been canceled by so many people I know. 

On 1/4/2024 at 12:29 PM, CAHokie said:

IMG_1254.thumb.jpeg.f54ca3e12029e17767a8cf6fcba354a3.jpeg

This is a proven winning strategy! Everyone knows that women are the primary target audience for Star Wars Films.  :headbang:

That is nuts.

Wait. Maybe she has the She-Hulk show writers' room in her hip pocket. This could work.

:shiftyeyes:

On 1/5/2024 at 1:10 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Yet no one will even question why she would make such a comment. 

Many fear the risk of being labelled.

I watched it to make sure it wasn’t taken out of context. She was speaking about her art and I don’t see that she meant Star Wars specifically, and it may have been years ago, but…..  She went on to say how she wants to make men uncomfortable and that she enjoys making them uncomfortable. She wants a man to have to look at it and change their attitude.

A more recent interview, she says she has no film making training or education. She says that she puts activism in all of her work and it guides her so I am not for sure why this project would be any different.  

Here, I will fix it for her, and I know it’s thinking outside the box and a bold move for Disney…

My goal is to make an exciting new Star Wars movie that everyone will enjoy. 

Activism means actively courting your audiences' hatred so that when your bad & hateful art causes your audience to admit they hate you, you're clear to blame the audience's hatred of you for your bad art.  

On 1/5/2024 at 4:00 AM, CAHokie said:

Many fear the risk of being labelled.

I watched it to make sure it wasn’t taken out of context. She was speaking about her art and I don’t see that she meant Star Wars specifically, and it may have been years ago, but…..  She went on to say how she wants to make men uncomfortable and that she enjoys making them uncomfortable. She wants a man to have to look at it and change their attitude.

A more recent interview, she says she has no film making training or education. She says that she puts activism in all of her work and it guides her so I am not for sure why this project would be any different.  

Here, I will fix it for her, and I know it’s thinking outside the box and a bold move for Disney…

My goal is to make an exciting new Star Wars movie that everyone will enjoy. 

Just seems like more virtue signalling to me but par for the course for Disney. It’s a complete turn off, no one cares and for her to suggest that it “guides her” sounds like a bunch of cringe worthy bs.