• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Pricing X-Men Rogue Rubinstein Poster

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

I am getting rid of my old X-Men and Spiderman posters.  I was going to sell them as a lot (there's 8) on eBay but I'm not sure what to price them at given it includes the attached poster.  It has some damage at the edges, tack holes in the corners and it's been rolled up in a poster tube for years, so it doesn't lay flat.  I know I've seen them for sale every now and then in the past but I didn't watch what they sold for.  Does anyone have any ideas as to it's worth?

Thanks!

2021-06-29 08.40.06 (2).jpg

On 4/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, theoscar said:

Hi!

I am getting rid of my old X-Men and Spiderman posters.  I was going to sell them as a lot (there's 8) on eBay but I'm not sure what to price them at given it includes the attached poster.  It has some damage at the edges, tack holes in the corners and it's been rolled up in a poster tube for years, so it doesn't lay flat.  I know I've seen them for sale every now and then in the past but I didn't watch what they sold for.  Does anyone have any ideas as to it's worth?

Thanks!

2021-06-29 08.40.06 (2).jpg

No idea on the value, but the signature at the bottom is Quesada + Rubinstein, not just Rubinstein.

If selling as a lot you have less chance of maximising the value of any single poster within the lot. In which case start the auction at a notional value, say $10 and see where it lands. Or sell individually again, starting at a notional value. In my experience if you place too high a value on the opening bid you will miss out on any chance of auction fever between two bidders in the final moments who must have your item! Good luck! 

On 4/8/2023 at 9:49 PM, OtherEric said:

No idea on the value, but the signature at the bottom is Quesada + Rubinstein, not just Rubinstein.

Thanks!  I just quickly looked at the image and not the poster itself.  I will make sure to put that in the listing.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:02 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

If selling as a lot you have less chance of maximising the value of any single poster within the lot. In which case start the auction at a notional value, say $10 and see where it lands. Or sell individually again, starting at a notional value. In my experience if you place too high a value on the opening bid you will miss out on any chance of auction fever between two bidders in the final moments who must have your item! Good luck! 

I get that, but shipping fees are so crazy (shipping from Canada) that I think it's only worth selling them as a lot.  I don't know about the auction... I understand the benefit but it makes me so nervous to start it that low.  I would not be happy if they all went for only $10-15 and reserves cost money.  I'll definitely consider it when I put them up, though.  (You can tell I haven't done this much :P )

On 4/9/2023 at 12:26 PM, shadroch said:

Why do you think this poster has any value?

I've seen them (the Rogue and Gambit together) go for a bit.  It's not worth hundreds of dollars, but I thought someone who knew the work might have an idea for pricing.  I will just guess and see how it goes ;)