• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrasslin' - Ay Yo - It's Time to Get a Thread. "Thank You, <Spoon> You, Bye"
2 2

52 posts in this topic

Oddly enough, I've been watching Youtube interviews with the big wrestlers of the past. And it is very entertaining when they share the reverence for Andre the Giant's demanded respect in the ring, all the behind-the-scenes drama (rumors of Macho Man sleeping with someone legal-age daughter), and how Ultimate Warrior was treated as an outsider for a long time.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oddly enough, I've been watching Youtube interviews with the big wrestlers of the past. And it is very entertaining when they share the reverence for Andre the Giant's demanded respect in the ring, all the behind-the-scenes drama (rumors of Macho Man sleeping with someone legal-age daughter), and how Ultimate Warrior was treated as an outsider for a long time.

I first heard of that a couple of years ago.  I believe there's something that happened for Vince not to sign Macho Man again.

I don't watch it these days, but I have caught some of the documentaries and enjoyed them.   

Hard to decide what my favorite moment was...I teeter back and forth between when Hogan turned heel (shocking) and when Stone Cold attacked McMahon in the hospital (hilarious).  

On 4/26/2023 at 10:53 AM, chrisco37 said:

I don't watch it these days, but I have caught some of the documentaries and enjoyed them.   

Hard to decide what my favorite moment was...I teeter back and forth between when Hogan turned heel (shocking) and when Stone Cold attacked McMahon in the hospital (hilarious).  

I use to be obsessed with wrestling when I was younger and now I don't even watch.  I have too many favorite moments to decide between one.  I will say my favorite wrestlers were Kane and HBK.  I to am a sexy boy. 

Roman, Solo, and Paul are headed to Smackdown while it's looking like the Usos are headed to Raw... 

hm 

BTW... as discussed with @jaybuck43

You introduce a new belt.  Cody is going to Raw... Roman is going to Smackdown.  Cody never "beat" Roman.

So where do you from here now that you are introducing a second belt in a way that does not diminish Cody or make the Raw "champion" the "lesser" Champion ? 

Fu1ynD8WYAAK7fr.jpg

Fu1y4buWwAEZxsZ.jpg

On 5/1/2023 at 7:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

BTW... as discussed with @jaybuck43

You introduce a new belt.  Cody is going to Raw... Roman is going to Smackdown.  Cody never "beat" Roman.

So where do you from here now that you are introducing a second belt in a way that does not diminish Cody or make the Raw "champion" the "lesser" Champion ? 

Fu1ynD8WYAAK7fr.jpg

Fu1y4buWwAEZxsZ.jpg

I really hope his first challenger comes out and say "Cody, you couldn't beat Roman, so they had to create a belt just to cheer you up... and I'm here to take it from you TOO"

On 5/1/2023 at 7:54 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I really hope his first challenger comes out and say "Cody, you couldn't beat Roman, so they had to create a belt just to cheer you up... and I'm here to take it from you TOO"

Yup... cannot argue with that.    You are kind of really stuck here.

If you put the belt on Cody it is a consolation prize and he will never know if he is 'good enough' unless you keep the Smackdown belt on Roman and they face off at mania. 

However, if you put the belt on Rollins then doesn't it make Cody slip further?   You can go back to Cody beating Rollins even though Cody had a torn pec but how far do you get with that?