• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potential Pedigree Submission
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently won an eBay auction where the seller claims to be related to the White Mountain collector and that the book is being sold from the WM collection.

The book has a date written inside, possibly consistent with the collection, but otherwise there is no proof of provenance. Is it safe to assume the evidence is too thin here? What does CGC require to put the pedigree label on it?

• Administrator

Hello! It sounds like you have an interesting collectible on your hands. Let me check with my grading team for you and I will get back with you. Thank you!

EDIT:

I have spoken with my verification team and confirmed that they do require some kind of paperwork from the seller that states it is from the White Mountain collection. Usually, they would have a certificate of provenance or COA that would be provided. They did state you could try to submit it and they would review the information (date on book) but they could not guarantee it would be approved.