• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windy City Pulp show, 2023. NEXT weekend, April 20 - 23
2 2

37 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2023 at 5:33 PM, Pulpvault said:

I'll be bringing roughly 1,000 pulps for sale with me to this year's Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention (April 21-23, 2023 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center). Among them will be this one -- a gorgeous copy of the February 1936 issue of Spicy Mystery, with a classic H.J. Ward cover. I'll hope to see some of you there!

Spicy Mystery 1936 02 front.jpg

Wow ‼️ that is lustful ❤️❤️🥰

On 4/24/2023 at 5:55 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Wow ‼️ that is lustful ❤️❤️🥰

Got to see that live before it sold book of day or maybe my life :ohnoez:

On 4/24/2023 at 7:50 PM, manetteska said:

Was this a blind bid situation?

It's usually a standard auction format with the ability to pre-bid.  Doug does an excellent job of putting together a very cool assortment of material.  I won an early edition Heinlein hardcover last year for a reasonable price.  And the crowd at the auction, typical for that show, is a great bunch of fans and dealers.  Sad I missed it this year but I'll be back next year.

On 4/24/2023 at 8:17 PM, Randall Dowling said:

It's usually a standard auction format with the ability to pre-bid.  Doug does an excellent job of putting together a very cool assortment of material.  I won an early edition Heinlein hardcover last year for a reasonable price.  And the crowd at the auction, typical for that show, is a great bunch of fans and dealers.  Sad I missed it this year but I'll be back next year.

Ok. I was thrown off as the paper had only 3 bids on it in not standard staggered amounts. 

On 4/24/2023 at 2:36 PM, dover said:

This showed up in FB post for pulps. Was there an auction in Windy City?

6C228266-AFA4-4F19-B8AD-A8745110A539.jpeg

Yes indeedy, Friday and Saturday night. 

This one was on the Sat auction.

Would have gone for even more, but there was ink defacement on the back cover.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:49 PM, Comics-n-ERB said:

Dwight, which dealer had the Strassler pulps?  I don't recall seeing any of those there at the show! 

I received Strasser pulps from 2 different sources, not necessarily dealers.  Although had a dealer brought me Strasser's from a personal collection, I would not reveal the source!!

Edited by detective35