• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN #635 Color turned to white
2 2

12 posts in this topic

A little bit of the blue turned to white in the back of the red hood, did it severe for grading or not? I put a picture of a normal book to show. AddText_04-20-07_39_51.thumb.jpg.b515ef3de5b5d001f89c8beec6ca5f46.jpg

I never want to send my books for analyzing, that not interest me. But its for my personnal knowledge. If we considere that the only default how many point that cost in gradings? Approximately ~~~

20230419_203547.thumb.jpg.851b29fb4e8fdf9e7249b27b0c308d55.jpg

I have an interrogation, did you think we can remove them? I know restoring will change the grade but not a problem because i want to keep them for me, it just i want its look better. Did you think japanase mulberry paper be a good option? I see that on web. Nobody here haved that kind of problem past?

On 4/23/2023 at 4:20 AM, BA773 said:

I have an interrogation, did you think we can remove them? I know restoring will change the grade but not a problem because i want to keep them for me, it just i want its look better. Did you think japanase mulberry paper be a good option? I see that on web. Nobody here haved that kind of problem past?

Is it this exact copy of this issue that is important to you? The actual one you're holding in the photo? Because if it's just any Batman 635 that is important to you to own in high grade (not this specific copy), you'd be far better off buying a new raw or graded copy - the money you'd spend on trying to get professional restoration on your copy is probably more than you'd spend on buying a new high-grade copy.

If it is this specific copy that you're holding that is important to you for whatever reason, I'd argue to keep it in the condition it's in (maybe it's like that because it was a favorite, well-read comic from your childhood or something along those lines?) and put it in a nice Mylar bag with a quality backing board. Then when you look at it you can remember why it has the character that it has, vs. overpaying to have professional restoration done on a modern book.

As an example of what I mean: this is my favorite comic in my collection - it was my Grandpa and then Dad's copy of Batman 209. It's extremely low-grade, but it's the book that started my love of comics. I'd never consider restoring it because when I look at the creases, lines, etc. it reminds me of my Grandpa and Dad reading it and then myself reading it as a child. I keep this in a nice Mylar bag, and I bought myself a second, high-grade copy so I'd have both this one and a nicer copy in my collection.

1708943221_Batman209orig.thumb.jpeg.d23888b5489241e0e232b4ef776ddd21.thumb.jpeg.ee8990bfb08478188bd01146ee1ef323.jpeg