• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match

10 posts in this topic

This is supposedly the next in the line of animated MK films, the fourth in the series. Obviously one would think it would focus on Johnny Cage, or maybe less likely Cassie. No release date is known, but likely to be August-October. 

Consider this a rumour thread for now, as this is the first I've heard about it, but people are talking about it as if it's established fact. I haven't been in the MK random much lately, as it's just whining about "where's MK12" so it's likely I missed something, but still, consider this a rumour for now. 

On 7/22/2023 at 6:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

And the red band trailer

Okay, that looks awesome. And Gilbert Gottfried? Man, RIP Gilbert. Never expected you in an MK project. 

The release date for this is 25th October, if anyone is interested. It's Bluray only, at least here in Australia. 

My copy arrived today. Can't wait to give it a watch. It's gonna sting to hear Gilbert's voice, he went too soon. 

I really didn't enjoy this one. It just felt very generic, and had little identity as a Mortal Kombat film. The movie starred Johnny, Ashrah, and a spoiler character, and villain, and other character, but there was no need for any of them. They could have been new characters like the rest of the cast and you'd have been none the wiser, it wouldn't have changed the identity or feel of the script. I felt no need for anyone to have been a Mortal Kombat character, or for this to have been a Mortal Kombat character story, besides learning some minor backstory about Johnny. Not exactly exciting stuff. 

Especially a shame after coming off the excellent Snowblind. 

4.5/10

Pros: Fun soundtrack, and decor and hairstyles that seemed to match the era pretty well. 

On 11/5/2023 at 1:53 AM, Cat said:

I really didn't enjoy this one. It just felt very generic, and had little identity as a Mortal Kombat film. The movie starred Johnny, Ashrah, and a spoiler character, and villain, and other character, but there was no need for any of them. They could have been new characters like the rest of the cast and you'd have been none the wiser, it wouldn't have changed the identity or feel of the script. I felt no need for anyone to have been a Mortal Kombat character, or for this to have been a Mortal Kombat character story, besides learning some minor backstory about Johnny. Not exactly exciting stuff. 

Especially a shame after coming off the excellent Snowblind. 

4.5/10

Pros: Fun soundtrack, and decor and hairstyles that seemed to match the era pretty well. 

I thought it was just me. I felt the same after enjoying the previous animated films with their unique stories.

On 11/5/2023 at 6:24 PM, Bosco685 said:

I thought it was just me. I felt the same after enjoying the previous animated films with their unique stories.

I was so disappointed, especially considering this was Gilbert Gottfried's final work. And I'm really annoyed at 

Spoiler

The whole end reveal that Chuck is the basically meme level charscter of Mocap, who had no business existing in the 80's. What is a motion capture operator doing then? 

Edited by Cat