• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 500 cover
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi recently i asked to know how be the cover A of batman 619, and i understanded now, the books with the second last number is a 1 is cover A. There are some number with special cover like the 515,30,31,32,35,50 who are even considered cover A. So im questionning about the n500 because that was the time direct sales have picture at the place of barcode so i can not know for this one... thanks guys!Screenshot_20230424-164615_Gallery.thumb.jpg.56f3ec7bb08ffdd47b5dafb637deb062.jpg

I really don't think either one of these would be considered the "A" cover, because they weren't really using that terminology at the time.  The one on the left is the foil-enhanced, die-cut deluxe edition with a $3.95 cover price and the one on the right is the poly-bagged with a poster edition with a $2.50 cover price.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:46 AM, BA773 said:

Hi recently i asked to know how be the cover A of batman 619, and i understanded now, the books with the second last number is a 1 is cover A. There are some number with special cover like the 515,30,31,32,35,50 who are even considered cover A. So im questionning about the n500 because that was the time direct sales have picture at the place of barcode so i can not know for this one... thanks guys!Screenshot_20230424-164615_Gallery.thumb.jpg.56f3ec7bb08ffdd47b5dafb637deb062.jpg

For books from this age, I usually consider the cover that had both newsstand and direct versions as the "main" cover. The foil version with the Batman die-cut was a "special collector's edition," but the one with Azrael and Bane on the cover had a direct version (and a polybagged version with a poster and some other stuff), a newsstand version and a second printing with a different color header logo.

So to me, I'd consider the Azrael/Bane cover the "main" cover of this book.

batman500.jpg.c1036fd24ccb8cd0d416e3750c7535e5.jpg

On 24/04/2023 at 17:20, Jesse-Lee said:

Pour les livres de cet âge, je considère généralement la couverture qui avait à la fois une version en kiosque et une version directe comme la couverture "principale". La version en aluminium avec Batman découpé était une "édition spéciale collector", mais celle avec Azrael et Bane sur la couverture avait une version directe (et une version en sachet avec une affiche et quelques autres trucs), une version kiosque à journaux et un deuxième impression avec un logo d'en-tête de couleur différente.

Donc pour moi, je considérerais la couverture d'Azrael/Bane comme la couverture "principale" de ce livre.

batman500.jpg.c1036fd24ccb8cd0d416e3750c7535e5.jpg

That make sense for me. Thank you