• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy mylar bags only to fit CGC slab that is 9 1/2" wide x 14" long with 1944 comic book (graded 12/05/2022)?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I only know of the ones that are for books graded before 2020.

On 4/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, mikejlloydnc said:

The case/slab is 9 1/2" wide x 14" long x 1/4" thick.

That is a "magazine" size slab.  I've never found a good Mylar solution for them :( I use; EGerber 1114M2 11 1/2 x 14 1/2 , but wish there was a nicer fit, like 10x14 1/2.

Edited by MAR1979

Have you looked on eBay for an outfit called cgc-mylars. They have a mylar Magazine size for CGC slabs. I keep on emailing them to measure in inches just one of their Magazine mylar bags for me, you know the width and length, but she keeps on saying my 9 1/2" wide slab will fit in their Magazine mylar bag. In short, she does not want to give me the dimensions, but says it will fit. She should know the dimensions of each type of bag they sell. It is not that difficult.  

On 4/28/2023 at 4:00 PM, mikejlloydnc said:

Where do I buy EGerber 1114M2 11 1/2" x 14 1/2" and are they Mylar?

Most folks order directly (via phone). 
https://www.egerber.com/catalog_mylites2.htm

Amazon might have some but marked up. I’ve also seen some on ebay for lower than amazon but higher than direct (though not sure if they have the size you need).

On 4/28/2023 at 4:57 PM, mikejlloydnc said:

Have you looked on eBay for an outfit called cgc-mylars. They have a mylar Magazine size for CGC slabs. I keep on emailing them to measure in inches just one of their Magazine mylar bags for me, you know the width and length, but she keeps on saying my 9 1/2" wide slab will fit in their Magazine mylar bag. In short, she does not want to give me the dimensions, but says it will fit. She should know the dimensions of each type of bag they sell. It is not that difficult.  

Regardless of the Sellers Name they are not Mylar they are inferior Polypropylene. 

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/29/2023 at 8:48 AM, KCOComics said:

Serious question. 

Do you need Mylar for slabbed books? Is there an advantage to it? 

Many of my slabs don't even have bags. 

Archival Grade Mylar offers over 99.9% UV protection, polypropylene at around Zero % does not.  After that on slabs, but not raw comics, the rest falls under personal choice.

As for me even in cases where it's overkill I'll take Mylar every time over polypropylene or polyethylene!

Edited by MAR1979

Anybody know where I can get some of these magazine-sized Ziplocs?

image.thumb.png.ef367a72f65cf0be21967db09817675b.png