• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Savage Tales #1 - First Appearance of Man-Thing
1 1

10 posts in this topic

This looks in the 7s with the little tears along the top edge and what appears to be a spine tear at the bottom corner. I'd want to inspect & press this one b/c of the staple indentions. Could be boosted into the 8s. I don't *think* this one can go above that, but Magazine standards are different from comics, so I never know exactly how hard/lenient to be.  

On 4/29/2023 at 8:42 PM, scburdet said:

This looks in the 7s with the little tears along the top edge and what appears to be a spine tear at the bottom corner. I'd want to inspect & press this one b/c of the staple indentions. Could be boosted into the 8s. I don't *think* this one can go above that, but Magazine standards are different from comics, so I never know exactly how hard/lenient to be.  

i was thinking that probably its between 4.5 to 5.5 (max 6.0) nice! thanks to share your opinion :cheers:

On 4/29/2023 at 4:14 PM, Hector Medina said:

4.5 to 5.5 (max 6.0)

I could be missing something, but Things in the VG range usually have a lot of color breaking defects. The indents are from the staples, yes? They count against books at some point, but it's also not the same as other similar defects b/c it's cause by how the book is designed/manufactured.