• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'd say give us an idea of how much it would cost you to go through the crack/clean/regrade process including all your shipping and fees.

Then maybe provide us with how much value you expect to be able realize at 8.5, 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, and 9.6.

Then provide us how much profit (if any) you would need based on your own financial preferences to make it worth it FOR YOU (it's subjective) to be worth it.

People don't have the above numbers at their fingertips, but they matter greatly in deciding what to do.

I think you missed these....I tried to highlight the areas to look with your eye

image.thumb.png.5e59a6568d0a453e8ab4bd89f4f59817.png

Spine stress lines that, perhaps a press can minimize some but likely not. They are harder to see even in hand unless in proper lighting. Your other pics you do not notice them but here, you can see a handful, and also stress around the staples too. I think 9.0 is a fair grade here, with the ceiling probably being 9.2 on the best of days. If attempting that seems sensible to you, go for it!

IMHO you got an accurate grade. Banking on a re-submittal getting  higher grade in error is not wise, in fact getting a lower grade is far more likely. Damage might occur due to handling not to mention the elimination of q/c by the parent corporation