• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Silver Age Large Art CLOSED

15 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense  #75 pg. 10 – Adam Austin (Gene Colan) on pencils and Gary Michaels (Jack Abel) on inks.  Large Silver Age twice-up art from 1966, image size 12.5" X 18.5", featuring the Invincible Iron Man, Pepper Potts, and Happy Hogan as the Freak.

Page is white and in great condition.  For some reason, the scan makes the page look slightly tanned on the edges.  That's on the scan, not the art itself.  See scan and pictures.  "Gene Colan" written in bottom margin.  A really nice five-panel silver-age Iron Man action page from 1966 featuring a classic Silver-age “villain”.

Page is very clean; the only whiteout is in a lettering correction in panel 3 under the words “GUN-FIRE!” and a very, very small amount to clean up the border of the same panel.  Other than this lettering, the inking is flawless.

I really like Abel’s inks on Colan during this time.  The pair came on board with ish #73 and I think that they really pulled out all the stops during their ten issue run.  No shortcuts or rush jobs, just beautiful pencils and gorgeous inks.  Together, they defined Iron Man’s expressive face-mask look that carried on throughout the sixties and more?).

6K SHIPPED SALE PENDING FedEx Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will be securely shipped in a FedEx art box and art will be backed by a piece of Masonite. 

Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees and art will ship FedEx International.

Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.  Zelle is more than welcome.  Bank transfer okay if I know you.
PayPal is great, no friends & family to circumvent fees. 

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or  :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 5 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking! :D

ToS_75_Iron_Man_pg10med.thumb.jpg.ab8374baf4b8a148ddd9ded7767efcb7.jpg

tosim75pg10b.thumb.jpg.cc301447de6c88574123e14080b6ef93.jpg

tosim75pg10a.thumb.jpg.e1ba1a03cd9faf69418b974a859e1881.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Tales of Suspense  #80 pg. 8 “Splash Page” – Adam Austin (Gene Colan) on pencils and Gary Michaels (Jack Abel) on inks.  Large Silver Age twice-up art from 1966, image size 12.5" X 18.5", featuring the Invincible Iron Man and the Sub-Mariner in Marvel’s first crossover storyline. :whatthe:The story concludes in Tales to Astonish.

Page is white and in great condition.  The scan makes the page look yellow towards the bottom. :frown: That is an artifact of the scan.  See pics.
"Gene Colan" written in bottom margin.  A really nice
silver-age Iron Man three-panel “Splash Page” from 1966 featuring the classic Silver-age battle between Iron Man and the Sub-Mariner.

Page is clean; the only whiteout is in lettering corrections in the first and the last text boxes and a small amount to clean up the left hand side of the border.  Other than this, the inking is flawless.

I really like Abel’s inks on Colan during this time.  The pair came on board with ish #73 and I think that they really pulled out all the stops during their ten issue run.  No shortcuts or rush jobs, just beautiful pencils and gorgeous inks.  Lots of detail on this page.

$9.5 K SHIPPED SALE PENDING FedEx Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will be securely shipped in a FedEx art box and art will be backed by a piece of Masonite. 

Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees and art will ship FedEx International.

Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.  Zelle is more than welcome.  Bank transfer okay if I know you.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit:  seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 5 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking!  :D

tosim80pg8corr.thumb.jpg.3000a1fe60d62c04df380ecc179049ec.jpg

tosim80pg8b.thumb.jpg.aff33039eb61f4a79e8aad4b6463705f.jpg

ToS_80_Iron_Man_pg8med.thumb.jpg.02106322e70c4b0680864f7b95ece4d3.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

On 5/16/2023 at 6:33 PM, Unca Ben said:

Tales of Suspense  #80 pg. 8 “Splash Page” – Adam Austin (Gene Colan) on pencils and Gary Michaels (Jack Abel) on inks.  Large Silver Age twice-up art from 1966, image size 12.5" X 18.5", featuring the Invincible Iron Man and the Sub-Mariner in Marvel’s first crossover storyline. :whatthe:The story concludes in Tales to Astonish.

Page is white and in great condition.  The scan makes the page look yellow towards the bottom. :frown: That is an artifact of the scan.  See pics.
"Gene Colan" written in bottom margin.  A really nice
silver-age Iron Man three-panel “Splash Page” from 1966 featuring the classic Silver-age battle between Iron Man and the Sub-Mariner.

Page is clean; the only whiteout is in lettering corrections in the first and the last text boxes and a small amount to clean up the left hand side of the border.  Other than this, the inking is flawless.

I really like Abel’s inks on Colan during this time.  The pair came on board with ish #73 and I think that they really pulled out all the stops during their ten issue run.  No shortcuts or rush jobs, just beautiful pencils and gorgeous inks.  Lots of detail on this page.

$9.5 K SHIPPED SALE PENDING FedEx Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will be securely shipped in a FedEx art box and art will be backed by a piece of Masonite. 

Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.  Zelle is more than welcome.  Bank transfer okay if I know you.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit:  seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 5 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking!  :D

tosim80pg8corr.thumb.jpg.3000a1fe60d62c04df380ecc179049ec.jpg

tosim80pg8b.thumb.jpg.aff33039eb61f4a79e8aad4b6463705f.jpg

ToS_80_Iron_Man_pg8med.thumb.jpg.02106322e70c4b0680864f7b95ece4d3.jpg

Nice! Beautiful piece. Congrats to the buyer and seller.