• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Advice on Avengers #1
2 2

7 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I currently have a copy of Avengers #1 CGC 1.5 with slightly brittle pages.

My ultimate goal is to upgrade to a CGC 6.0, but I don't know if that's in the cards right now, as we have to have some landscaping done around our house.

So, here's my question: Should I hold out and just wait for a CGC 6.0 to come along? Or should I buy a lower grade CGC copy, in the hope that, sometime in the future, it would make the cost of upgrading to a CGC 6.0 less costly?

Regardless, I will be selling my current copy of Avengers #1 to help facilitate the purchase of a nicer copy of Avengers #1.

It seems to me that the same price ratio between the various mentioned copies are probably going to continue to be about the same going forward regardless of whether prices go up, down or stay the same, so I'm not sure there's any real advantage to buying a higher-graded copy that's half way to your goal copy.  I'd be keeping an eye peeled for the 6.0 and hope the "joys of home ownership" don't interfere when the time comes. If you feel like you need to start a "savings account" for that book, sell the 1.5.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:50 PM, Math Teacher said:

Well, as @Funnybooks knows, this discussion is kind of moot, as I just purchased an Avengers #1 CGC 5.5 from an IG claim sale for $5.75K, only $50 more than the most recent GPA sale. Although it's not a 6.0, for right now, it's close enough for government work.

If you find the 6.0 of your dreams, I suspect you'll be able to sell the 5.5 without to much issue.  Heck, shoot me a note. Depending on timing, I might be interested. 

On 5/17/2023 at 11:21 PM, Math Teacher said:

As many of you know, I currently have a copy of Avengers #1 CGC 1.5 with slightly brittle pages.

My ultimate goal is to upgrade to a CGC 6.0, but I don't know if that's in the cards right now, as we have to have some landscaping done around our house.

Tell the cops you think there may a couple of bodies, here, here and here. Job done, they'll do your landscaping for you! Go buy your 6.0 :cheers: