• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waviness on modern comic?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

Have a question about waviness. I have a 9.6 Last of Us comic that is wavy at the top and bottom (see photo below). It was like this when I purchased it. Is this just something to expect with modern comics or is this something that happened from storing conditions? I’m thinking of selling it am just wondering if this will affect the price.   Thanks!

698D4443-7569-428D-9D99-B2DEF6656AB8.jpeg

EE25ABF8-FA92-47C8-9E26-EBC876A0A084.jpeg

On 5/19/2023 at 9:08 PM, scburdet said:

Probably not the best forum for your question b/c the book is already slabbed.

PXL_20230520_040358796.jpg

PXL_20230520_040525271.jpg

I was wondering if maybe the rippling was caused after being slabbed. Maybe the previous owner had the slab in a wet or humid environment that may have caused it. 

On 5/19/2023 at 9:33 PM, Afamglide said:

I was wondering if maybe the rippling was caused after being slabbed. Maybe the previous owner had the slab in a wet or humid environment that may have caused it. 

When I see this 9.6 it seems like it should be a more like a 9.0, because of the rippling. 

My suggestion is to go into the Grading and Restoration forum b/c it's possibly a post-grading issue. That said, 9.6 is within the accepted range CGC will assign to warping. CGC grading standards are what they are even if they are more harsh/lenient than what we would personally assign.