• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comicart-l@yahoogroups.com is soooooooooooo lame

31 posts in this topic

I cannot believe how lame the comicart-l@yahoogroups.com message board has become. The subscribers are awful. People take themsevles so seriously. There are constant flame wars. The people are mis-informed on the subject of OA. There is one poster that keeps erroneously insisting that OA is stolen and that everybody should give all their OA back to the artists.

The moderator. Deputy Dave and the rest of his possee censor any thought they deem questionable on the board. They over-reach by shaping the actual discussion itself.

A few of the original posters on that board believe they are entitled to some special status because they were some of the first people that got into OA in the early 1990s and first started posting on comicart-l@yahoogroups.com when the board started in mid 1990's. They are a bunch of egotistical nobodies.

Thank you CGC for creating this forum where people can actually post images of the art. I will post one piece of art later this Thanksgiving wekend which will blow everybodys socks off in order to show Thanks to this forum.

I prefer the CGC OA Forum to Comicart-L by far, but CA-L does have one major, huge, undeniable advantage over this board - you're not there spouting your gibberish over and over and over again ad infinitum. poke2.gif

CA-L does have one major, huge, undeniable advantage over this board - you're not there spouting your gibberish over and over and over again ad infinitum.

Amen!

The quality of this fourm would go up tremendously if KrazyDestro were banned again.

temporary lifting my boycott to say I too hate those egotesticle insufficiently_thoughtful_person bragging all of the time. If your not part of the list here are some of the completely idiotic topics they feel so desperate for attention to discuss:

hypocrit 1

two

and half of the time they get way off topic and talk about stuff that puts Grandma to SLEEP

*resume Boycott of posting on D.A.'s threads *

I will post one piece of art later this Thanksgiving wekend which will blow everybodys socks off in order to show Thanks to this forum.

Alleluia 893whatthe.gif

Notice that he didn`t say it will be a piece owned by him. gossip.gif

I`m sure it will indeed be an interesting piece, but I doubt it will either be from him or never previously publicly displayed. KK has posted lots of interesting pieces here, but they were all items that were publicly available so could`ve been posted by anyone with a browser and too much time on their hands.

I think KK is very knowledgable and a great resource when it comes to OA. He also posts great images regardless of who they belong too. thumbsup2.gif

Really? Could you identify some of the facts that he`s laid on us here that were not fairly well known already amongst OA collectors? Because I`m pretty sure I haven`t seen any.

Stronguy:

I couldn't disagree with you more. He's not just your ordinary troll. Brad has an astounding collection. This is direct from people who have seen a great deal of his collection first hand.

Don't let KK fool you. He has nothing like what he would like people to think. He's just a troll -- sometimes interesting but usually just a troll.