• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creating your own TPB
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Men your crazy why bother to print all this pages? there are already omnibus. Yeah yeah yeah... but maybe i want my proper handmade stuff, a a nice thing with string! There is someone here who as already does it? I'm thinking about it for the most older books, that can be original and also taking less space and cheaper.

Even back in the olden days collectors and dealers would bind together runs of comics to create hardcover collected editions. 

Going on right from the beginning, more or less.

Any bookbinder could do it for you. One of the nicest I’ve ever seen, way back in the late 70s, was a bound edition of the Wrightson Swamp Thing run. That was tempting.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/22/2023 at 4:07 PM, Artboy99 said:

I am considering making a bound edition of the Last Galactus story from the Epic Illustrated magazine. The hold up is I can't seem to locate the pages of the end of the story.

Was the story actually finished?

This can be done digitally as well, and it's one of the reasons I switched to reading comics digitally. (I still collect physical back issues of course, but I read runs digitally.) A .cbz or .cbr file is just a zip file by another name. I rename them to zip files and then insert or delete pages as jpegs. I created my own curated Legends of the Dark Knight omnibus, just for example, containing only the stories I wanted, with my own custom cover. I also routinely edit trade paperbacks and omnibuses down by getting rid of stories and extra material I don't want. If a trade paperback has a cover I don't like, I'll just create a new one in Photoshop. Easy-peasy. I can create my own themed collected editions. Digital comic book pages are just jpegs; arrange them however you like, zip them up, rename the file to .cbr or .cbz and you're golden.