• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!
5 5

63 posts in this topic

Howdy Gang! Got a pile of around 40 (give or take) 1950's Atlas Horror/Fantasy/Crime books this time. These are undercopies I have up graded mostly. Some cool books with artists like Everett, Maneely, Williamson, Anderson, Torres, Krigstei, Orlando and more. These are all for the most part, low grade complete readers and fillers for folks on a budget. I will post front and back covers and mention anything significant, especially anything that can't be seen in the photos. Feel free to ask any questions before you take it if you are concerned. I will be posting them for a couple of days as I have time. 

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $8.50 For one or two books boxed First Class, After that, $17. Boxed Priority Flat Rate. I don’t use the USPS flat mailers too much risk of damage.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

I would MUCH prefer Checks or Money orders but will accept Paypal if I have to….   

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had a couple 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Adventures into Weird Worlds #26 Feb 1954

Awesome Joe Maneely "transformation" cover. Also a cool Robot story

Nice looking copy but both staples are neatly popped (not torn) and cover neatly detached from book. Tiny tape pieces on cover at staples. Otherwise nice with just minor wear. No tears or creases and a complete cover. 

$100.

advweird26a.jpeg

advweird26b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

All True Crime #43 March 1951

Fat 52 page issue. Full of time and violence! 

Spine is weak but cover still attached to book. Well attached centerfold. Single staple book. Small 1/2" tear at bottom spine and a 1" split at top. Light water stain along spine and bottom of book all the way through. Inside pages have a VERY tiny chew at top right. Bright, full cover with nothing missing. Supple pages.

Was $25.

Now $20.

alltruecrime43a.jpeg

alltruecrime43b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Astonishing #39 June 1955

Classic Harry Anderson cover

Rough, complete copy with no pieces missing. Spine is in bad shape with lots of tears and mostly split. Cover detached from book. Lots of overall wear. Interior paper is tanning but supple and not brittle or flakey. Nothing marring this great cover. 

Was $40.

Now $35.

astonishing39a.jpeg

astonishing39b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Astonishing #40 Aug 1955

Rough spine but cover and book still attached to each other. Centerfold still bound well. Can't say for sure cover might be trimmed along right side. Lots of just general wear. Interior paper is lightly tanned but supple.

Was $25.

Now $22.

astonishing40a.jpeg

astonishing40b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Astonishing #44 Dec 1955

Lightly water stained throughout. Staples rusty. Small piece out of back cover. Lots of spine creases and a couple tiny chips out of top and bottom of covers. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers. Nice supple yellowed pages. 

Was $25.

Now $22.

astonishing44a.jpeg

astonishing44b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Astonishing #49 May 1956

Cool Burgos cover

Staples popped and cover neatly detached from book. Covers a little rippled but I see no sign of water damage. Just minor wear otherwise. Supple interior paper.

Was $25.

Now $22.

astonishing49a.jpeg

astonishing49b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Astonishing #51 July 1956

Classic Bill Everett Flying Saucer cover with that wonderful signature. Robert Q Sale story.

Staples neatly popped and cover detached from book. Neat 1-1/2" upper spine split. Couple tiny corner cover chips. Lightly tanned inside covers but cover and interior are very supple. Just minor wear otherwise and presents very well. 

Was $90.

Now $85.

astonishing51a.jpeg

astonishing51b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Astonishing #54 Oct 1956

Another awesome Bill Everett cover. Angelo Torres story in the EC style.

A couple of small edge and corner chips. Piece out of top of back cover. Light water warp. Bottom staple popped but cover is still attached to book. Tight centerfold. Nice color and gloss with supple interior paper. 

Was $45.

Now $40.

astonishing54a.jpeg

astonishing54b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD

Astonishing #61 May 1957

Creepy Bill Everett cover.Orlando and Romita interior stories.

Rolled and flattened spine. Lots of tiny edge wrinkles, tears and wear around edges of covers. Everything well attached with supple paper.

$35. (less than I paid Torpedo Comics for it)

astonishing61a.jpeg

astonishing61b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Crime Can't Win #8 Dec 1951

Wild and rough crime stuff!

Cover neatly split at spine to the bottom staple. Everything well attached. Small piece out of entire book at bottom near spine. Light water stain along bottom and top left corner and top edge. Small piece out of top back cover. Bright cover with nothing missing other than noted. 

Was $22.

Now $20.

crimecan'twin8a.jpeg

crimecan'twin8b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 5/23/2023 at 8:19 PM, Robot Man said:

Astonishing #61 May 1957

Creepy Bill Everett cover.Orlando and Romita interior stories.

Rolled and flattened spine. Lots of tiny edge wrinkles, tears and wear around edges of covers. Everything well attached with supple paper.

$35. (less than I paid Torpedo Comics for it)

astonishing61a.jpeg

astonishing61b.jpeg

Take 

Crime Exposed #3 April 1951

George Tuska story

Spine rolled and flattened. Spine split about 1/3rd from bottom. Everything still attached (weakly). Wear on edges but no pieces missing. Bright and glossy with nice pages. 

Was $20.

Still $20.

crimeexposed1.jpeg

crimeexposed2.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Unknown Worlds #36 Aug 1955

"Big Hand" cover, Flying saucer story.

Covers have a lot of little indentations. Nothing that pierce cover but little dents front and back cover. Slightly rolled spine and minor edge wear. Book and centerfold bound tightly to covers. Bright and glossy with off white interior pages. 

Was $40.

Now $35.

journeyunknownworlds36a.jpeg

journeyunknownworlds36b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Unknown Worlds #46 June 1956

A couple of small corner chips, a small lower right corner crease with a small piece of tape in this area on inside. A neat 1-1/2" lower spine split. Small piece out of back cover. Nicely placed date stamp on cover. Average, light general wear. Glossy and bright. Cream but very supple interior pages.

Was $35.

Now $30.

journeyunknownworlds46a.jpeg

journeyunknownworlds46b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Journey into Unknown Worlds #51 1956

Burgos? cover, Severin, Ditko and very possibly a Wood story inside

Ink scribbling on cover. Lots of spine and edge creases. Small water stain in lower back cover corner. Book and centerfold well bound to covers. Nice interior pages. 

$35.

journeyunknownworlds51a.jpeg

journeyunknownworlds51b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Journey into Unknown Worlds #58 June 1957

Cool cover. Maneely and Drucker interior art

Cover is mostly neatly split at spine. Just barely attached at bottom staple. Centerfold tight. Glossy with nice cover appearance. Just minor wear other wise. Supple interior pages.

Was $30.

Still $30.

journeyunknownworlds58a.jpeg

journeyunknownworlds58b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man