• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED!
5 5

63 posts in this topic

Journey into Unknown Worlds #59 Aug 1956

Spectacular, very detailed Bill Everett signed cover.

Lots of small wrinkles and cover creases. Tiny chip out top right corner. Small tear top of back cover. Still a well bound copy with light cream pages.

Was $45.

Now $40.

journeyunknownworlds59a.jpeg

journeyunknownworlds59b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Justice #5 Sept 1948

Violent kid napping cover. Cool horror story with the Grim Reaper and graveyard. A fat early, Atlas crime issue.

Rolled spine with a few pieces of tape on it. Couple of small name stamps on cover. Cover neatly detached from book. Covers are dull and dirty. No pieces missing. No major creases or tears. Interior paper nice and supple. 

Was $24.

Now $20.

justice5a.jpeg

justice5b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Justice #41 Nov 1953

Classic Electric Chair cover. George Tuska and Jerry Robinson stories

Rough spine with bug damage. Worst is on back cover luckily. A few chips out of front and a grease pencil arrival date. Back cover is a bit worse than the front. Lower staple just hanging on. Glossy, very bright cover. Nothing marring the art. Tight centerfold and off white interior pages.

Was $35.

Still $35. This is a cool one!

justice41a.jpeg

justice41b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

MarvelTales #141 Dec 1955

"The Iron Brain" Robot story. Dave Berg and MR. Ayers interior art

A little chipped on edges. A couple of thin creases. Back cover has a large, dark stain of some sort. Book and centerfold bound to covers. Nice, fresh interior paper.

Was $40.

Now $35.

marveltales141a.jpeg

marveltales141b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystery Tales #26 Feb 1954

Great "vortex" cover! Ayers, Pike and Reinman art inside. Last pre-code issue.

Rolled and flattened spine with a couple of old pieces of tape. Lots of wear around perimeter of cover. A small tear and a small corner crease. Book and centerfold bound to covers. Nice, supple interior paper. 

Was $55.

Now $50.

mysterytales26a.jpeg

mysterytales26b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystery Tales #53 May 1957

Bill Everett cover and interior story

A nice solid copy with good color and structure. Just minor edge and corner wear. Some light spine creases. A small 1/2" lower spine split. Well bound copy with fresh paper.

Was $85.

Now $80.

mysterytales53a.jpeg

mysterytales53b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystery Tales #54 Aug 1957

Reed Crandall and Sid Check stories

Has a 2-1/2" cover tear at top and mended by tape inside front cover. Spine neatly split from top to top staple. A couple tiny chips out of back cover. Otherwise a very nicely presenting copy with no other major tears, creases or pieces missing.Covers bound well to book.Creamy but very supple pages with no interior damage. 

Was $40.

Now $35.

mysterytales54a.jpeg

mysterytales54b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystic #36 March 1955

Cool Clock cover! Last pre-code issue

A very worn complete copy. Cover neatly detached from book.Lots of wrinkles, creases, and small tears. Has a masking tape repair inside front cover. Centerfold neatly detached but not torn or ragged. Bright color and no pieces missing from book. Very readable and a decent filler until you can upgrade like I did.

Was $45.

Still $45.

mystic36a.jpeg

mystic36b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Mystic #45 March 1956

Entire spine neatly taped top to bottom. Has a neat 1-1/4" right side cover tear. A couple tiny chips out of tips of cover. Complete cover. Centerfold tight and supple interior pages.

Was $35.

Now $30.

mystic45a.jpeg

mystic45b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Mystic #54 Dec 1956

Killer, dark and moody Bill Everett cover with that wonderful signature. One of my favorites. This cover and a story like "Who steals my Brain" would have most certainly sucked a dime out of my jeans as a little kid...

Damn that "Judy" for scrawling her name across my book! Tiny, light water spot at bottom of back cover. Otherwise, a pretty nice copy. Smooth spine and well bound copy. No real tears or major creases. Glossy and bright. Oh, and that stinker "Judy" wrote her name at top of first page just to rub it in... 

$80.

mystic54a.jpeg

mystic54b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Mystic #58 April 1957

Another dark and moody Bill Everett cover. Great art inside this one by Krigstein, Maneely and even Williamson I believe.

A beautiful looking copy except for one thing. Large piece out of back cover at top. Last page is an ad page and has a piece out 1/4" x 2" at top. No art or stories are affected. Otherwise a real nice copy. Flat, clean. smooth, tight spine with everything bound well. Small upper right corner and lower right creases otherwise no other creases or tears. Bright with nice gloss. Off white/white interior paper. As they say "presents very nice in a mylar"

$40. 

mystic58a.jpeg

mystic58b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

On 5/24/2023 at 7:40 PM, Robot Man said:

Mystic #54 Dec 1956

Killer, dark and moody Bill Everett cover with that wonderful signature. One of my favorites. This cover and a story like "Who steals my Brain" would have most certainly sucked a dime out of my jeans as a little kid...

Damn that "Judy" for scrawling her name across my book! Tiny, light water spot at bottom of back cover. Otherwise, a pretty nice copy. Smooth spine and well bound copy. No real tears or major creases. Glossy and bright. Oh, and that stinker "Judy" wrote her name at top of first page just to rub it in... 

$80.

mystic54a.jpeg

mystic54b.jpeg

I'll take it. 

I have a tough time turning away from Everett's Atlas work. 

On 5/24/2023 at 5:11 PM, KCOComics said:

I'll take it. 

I have a tough time turning away from Everett's Atlas work. 

Mystic #54 goes to KCOComics. Many thanks! Yeah, it's hard to turn down the great books by Everett from this time period!

Mystical Tales#5 feb 1957

Great Williamson story in the EC tradition.

A real beater but complete with clean, supple paper. Spine split down to the top staple. Hanging on at bottom staple. Lots of spine wear. Numerous wrinkles, crease and a few edge tears. A 1" one on right side of coverthat goes through the whole book.  Tear on  back cover as well as a small piece out of bottom. A couple of small stains. Nothing better than a reader.

$25.

mysticaltales1.jpeg

mysticaltales2.jpeg

Strange Stories of Suspense #15 June 1957

Burgos cover? Krigstein story.

Decent, complete, solid copy. Cover well bound to book and centerfold. No pieces missing, tears or major creases. Lots of general wear. Several small old pieces of tape on spine. 

Was $35.

Now $30.

strangesuspense15a.jpeg

strangesuspense15b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Strange Tales#79 Dec 1060

Classic monster cover by Kirby. Ditto, Kirby and Ayers interior art

A clean, complete copy. Everything well attached and supple paper. A few small chips out of cover. A very small back cover tear. Some minor spine creases. A real fun read

$45.

strangetales79a.jpeg

strangetales79b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man

Strange Tales of the Unusual #3 April 1956

Nice Williamson story. A short run title that does not show up often.

Another complete beater. Has a few pieces out of cover. Spine is raggedy and mostly split. Book detached from cover. Lots of little tears, creases and wrinkles. Yeah, real rough. Nice supple interior paper. Strictly a reader.

$20.

strangeunusual1.jpeg

strangeunusual2.jpeg

Strange Tales of the Unusual #10 June 1957

Cool Severin cover. Nice Angelo Torres story.

Book and centerfold still bound to covers. Lots of general wear. Chips out of top and bottom of cover. Back cover has a long crease at top. Light water stain at bottom of back cover. Bottom staple a little rusty. Still easy to handle and read with a nice complete front and back cover. 

Was $32.

Now $30.

strangeunusual10a.jpeg

strangeunusual10b.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man