• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone enjoying any of the Bad Idea titles?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hello, 

Just curious if anyone is digging any of these series or single issues. 

I read the first issue of Eniac and enjoyed it, will definitely read the rest. I picked up the first issue of Odinn's Eye, the art was spectacular, but I could not get into the story at all. I may try some of the other series/issues written by Kindt. Any other recommendations? That Megalith book on kickstarter looks epic, but I think I will wait until there is a $30-$40 version of it in the LCS's rather than fund the more exclusive one for $125. 

I enjoyed the Eniac series but quickly tired of the hurdles needed to get books, lost interest in the line, and kind of stopped thinking about Bad Idea altogether. 

On 5/25/2023 at 6:06 PM, Ryan. said:

I enjoyed the Eniac series but quickly tired of the hurdles needed to get books, lost interest in the line, and kind of stopped thinking about Bad Idea altogether. 

Yeah, I hear you. I stepped away for the same reasons. Just wondering if anyone has stuck with them and has some books they would recommend. 

There was a while I thought I might try to get all the books they produce but that has quickly become ridiculous and I have not gotten any in a while. There is a kickstarter exclusive for people who up their backing tier before the time ends and I couldn't get into that, plus you have to go in pretty deep for all of Monolith...

On 5/26/2023 at 8:43 AM, PeterPark said:

There was a while I thought I might try to get all the books they produce but that has quickly become ridiculous and I have not gotten any in a while. There is a kickstarter exclusive for people who up their backing tier before the time ends and I couldn't get into that, plus you have to go in pretty deep for all of Monolith...

Yeah, the Megalith book looks great, but very pricey. Am I correct in my understanding that this initial Kickstarter is happening with the intent of bringing this book to comic stores = they will eventually release a less exclusive edition of this book for a 1/3 of the price in actual comic shops? 

Edited by BCoffee

I purchased two copies of a BI #1 issue, I forget which title, and that will be my only purchase of a BI title for the reason that is mentioned (the difficulty of obtaining BI's comic books). Even if BI's comic books become easier to purchase, I doubt I will buy any of its title as like others I lost interest in the company's products.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, valiantman said:

They're high quality products. I watch for ebay sellers who have done all the leg work (jump through hoops, whatever), and just buy from them at original price (or less). 

That's what I was thinking as well. You can actually get full sets of a series for less than cover price. Even some of the comic shops are selling them less than cover. I'm thinking the Matt Kindt ones are probably a safe bet, but curious about some of the others. 

Wondering about the Wyoming and Orc Island series. 

On 5/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, Ryan. said:

I stuck around through the last lot of releases, but grew tired of the games and paying $8 for a comic I can read in 5 minutes made no sense for me. I think megalith looks good, but again the games. I’m out.

I liked Eniac.  Tankers was fun. And Monster Kill squad and Odinn’s eye were worth it for me, even if just to see Giorello’s fine art. The only one I was dying to see more of was this “Eave Now” hidden in the back half of the Caligulas Safe - Pizza detective comic.. 

I signed up for the first full run. Got a lot of comics books I didnt really want and barely even read.. I think ill be going the same route as valiantman next run. It was only Eniac #1 that was hard/expensive to get when it first came out ($100) on ebay. Now it seems to be very affordable..

Megalith looks awesome, but dont think Im up for buying their entire catalog again for a few books I liked. Or buying 3 special editions and hard backs when I just want to see the series unfold and preorder #1.
Looks like they are funded tho, so suppose will see what spin they decide to do this time. Please no more “invisible” comics…

Edited by Mirkinator

On 5/30/2023 at 1:43 PM, Mirkinator said:

I liked Eniac.  Tankers was fun. And Monster Kill squad and Odinn’s eye were worth it for me, even if just to see Giorello’s fine art. The only one I was dying to see more of was this “Eave Now” hidden in the back half of the Caligulas Safe - Pizza detective comic.. 

I signed up for the first full run. Got a lot of comics books I didnt really want and barely even read.. I think ill be going the same route as valiantman next run. It was only Eniac #1 that was hard/expensive to get when it first came out ($100) on ebay. Now it seems to be very affordable..

Megalith looks awesome, but dont think Im up for buying their entire catalog again for a few books I liked. Or buying 3 special editions and hard backs when I just want to see the series unfold and preorder #1.
Looks like they are funded tho, so suppose will see what spin they decide to do this time. Please no more “invisible” comics…

Thanks for your thoughts. I enjoyed the Save Now preview story as well, and am curious if, when, and where they will pick that story back up.