• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I just got my 2nd and 3rd CGC slabbed books

7 posts in this topic

So I just got my second and third CGC slabbed books....

ASM # 300 in 9.0

ASM #252 in 9.6

Nothing too flashy, but for me these were important books.

I have three questions:

1. The casing on ASM # 300 is cracked in one of the corners. The crack does not take away from the presentation, but how big of a deal is this (as it was not outlined by the seller)?

2. The CGC casing (the inside) is different for ASM 300 then the ASM 252. There seems to be more plastic hinges on the inside. Could this be because there are more pages than the typical book?

3. How can I verify the book through CGC using the serial number? Is the only way by calling them?

Thanks!

(1) So long as the corner pin isn't popped, there's no problem with having a slight crack in the case. The grade remains valid.

(2) CGC changed slab design in answer to the SCS scandal, so you simply have an early version and a later version.

(3) Gotta make that call!

thumbsup2.gif

3. How can I verify the book through CGC using the serial number? Is the only way by calling them?

Go to the CGC Registry, set up an account and then input the serial number. If it comes out with a result that matches the grade, page quality, etc. of your book, then you should be okay.

whats this scs scandal?

'Shaken Comic Syndrome'...

Basically, how the older slabs were...destroying, I suppose is the best word...the comics inside!

If you run a search, you'll get the whole horrible thread. thumbsup2.gif

Um, this is still happening with the new slab design. I am doing my part in erradicating SCS by freeing any books that are slabbed.