• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures of Superman #500 backwards in poly bag
2 2

27 posts in this topic

I just looked all 6 of mine, 2 are backwards. Interesting those were the 2 I purchased from my LCS release day (I have a sticker with my notes on the outer mylar), the other 4 were purchased for .50 each 2 year later.

hm can I retire to my own private island now?

P.S. Dirt may very well be less common than this book!

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/29/2023 at 6:30 PM, Lightning55 said:
On 5/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, MAR1979 said:

hm can I retire to my own private island now?

No, because you just tripled the known supply from 1 to 3.

He said that 2 of his 6 copies were backwards, so that probably means one million of the three million printed are backwards, right? :whistle:

On 6/1/2023 at 10:25 AM, valiantman said:

He said that 2 of his 6 copies were backwards, so that probably means one million of the three million printed are backwards, right? :whistle:

Yep they are almost as rare as having sand on a beach

BTW no offense intended to the original poster, all if us were new to hobby once. Although in my case it was just very slightly before variants, gimmics and hype replaced substance

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/28/2023 at 11:08 PM, Lightning55 said:

I have 6 cases that I know of, plus probably a few hundred copies in white coffins (long boxes). Still waiting for the uptick. 

Dang, I found out there are 10 cases, not 6. Doh!

My brother-in-law had about the same amount.  He stacked them up and put an old hollow core door across the top.  Instant shipping bench. I think he was smarter than me and moved them along ages ago. 

Or maybe he had Rai 9's under that door.  Yeah, it was Rai.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:23 AM, Lightning55 said:

Dang, I found out there are 10 cases, not 6. Doh!

My brother-in-law had about the same amount.  He stacked them up and put an old hollow core door across the top.  Instant shipping bench. I think he was smarter than me and moved them along ages ago. 

Or maybe he had Rai 9's under that door.  Yeah, it was Rai.

Seems more likely it would have been Turok #1, but Rai #9 is a possibility. Bargain bins always had more Rai #11 around here. lol