• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wishlist/Ideas/Suggestions for CGC Trading Card Grading
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, thought I'd start a post on ideas/wishlist for CGCTC grading, maybe this post could be stickied if valuable enough for the community? or maybe a dedicated sub-forum could be made with a similar title, so users can explore and expand on ideas and discuss different aspects? I'm sure it'll benefit CGC and its customer/user base and attract more people to CGC and the community.

I've been a customer of CGC for well over a year now. I really like their slabs and I've used them over a dozen times for grading and have been happy with the results for the most part and I've become a fan.

I'll start things up with a short list and continue to add things when I think it'll benefit us the customers and CGC:

1. A choice in the color scheme of the label which could be an add-on. I figured if the card will be in a slab, might as well make it overall look good with matching colors or colors that go well with or complement each other. For example: The current label is blue with black font. What if the background was a different shade of blue, like dark royal blue or alien purple, and the font was white to show contrast? There should be limitations if there isn't enough contrast between the font and background. Maybe there could be a "recommended color scheme" that goes well with the card.

2. A label to differentiate between a "Pristine 10" and a "Perfect 10". A cool effect for the Perfect 10 label would be cool. Some people say the card should be the main focus, what if the label/slab/card were the main focus and centerpiece? They're joined together anyway, once that card gets slabbed, might as well look good all together.

3. Grading notes as an add-on. A hard copy for the customer and a copy stored in a database when you look up the cert#.

4. Putting the graded encased card in a sleeve to minimize damage to fresh slabs. Maybe this could be an add-on or a normal service. Little things like that show that the company cares for your encased collectibles.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading.

Edited by Houler
Added stuff again

On 6/2/2023 at 2:44 PM, Mattk3447 said:

Does CGCcards have any plans to offer a Pre-screen service for grading cards? 

Hmm.. Maybe a Staff Member/Mod/"someone who's in the know" could chime in?