• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

will one day we see Post crisis as the new Golden Age?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Like a lot of people im in love with DC post crisis era:x

(for each age it will  always remain some haters), but the common opinion seems really good for post crisis. So did you think they can be considered in 20 years~ as a second golden age? With a lot of very valuable books.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

"Golden Age of writing", but they'll never meet the value of the actual Golden Age because supply will likely always exceed demand.

Wow! I cannot say better. Your right.

It will not be considered a "second Golden Age".  Golden Age was between 1938-1956 or so.  DC's Crisis maxi-series came out between 1985-1986, so about 30 years after the end of the GA era.  GA books were still valuable in the mid-80s.  We're about 37 years into the "post-Crisis" period and there is absolutely no comparison between the keys from the GA era to the keys from the last 37 years, nor is there any comparison between the value of books from the two eras. 

Even if you were to expand out your "second Golden Age" idea 20 years into the future, I still don't think you'll find a collection of books from 1986 to 2043 that will match the quality, desirability, and value of books from 1938-1956. I think instead of thinking the books you're hoping may trigger a "second golden age" may instead trigger the next Copper Age of books.