• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Monsters & Heroes 2
2 2

4 posts in this topic

This is a companion to the Abraxas fanzine I posted over the weekend (the apparent first work of Walt Simonson). This appears/might be the first creative work by Louise Simonson (Jones) scripting a story for her ex-husband. The only credit I see inside is on the issue editorial introduction  to the issue (red circle is my photo edit). This would be 9ish years before 'Weezie' started doing work in Warren magazines, and 13 years before she married Walt. There are a couple of articles & photospreads on the original Superman & Captain America actors. 

MonstersHeroes-2.jpg

MonstersHeroes-2rev.jpg

PXL_20230606_191606990.jpg

PXL_20230606_191636913.jpg

PXL_20230606_191839650.jpg

PXL_20230606_191856953.jpg

Edited by scburdet

Pretty spot on boys. I felt like I made Louise's day handing her this. Her "line" was a lot shorter than Walt's. I was able to just jump over to her while waiting for my other Simonson signature. She claimed not to have seen a copy in 50 years. Maybe a slight exaggeration, nevertheless, not something she'd been asked to sign for a long time.

PXL_20231018_011712148.jpg