• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2023 at 1:59 PM, Nick Furious said:

I would call that a false equivalency, but that wouldn't even come close to recognizing the difference in the two situations.  I don't think anyone ever felt they were in danger of losing their books to CGC closing up shop and disappearing.  Or in danger of the only remaining employee becoming incapacitated if he doesn't stop working and get the surgery that has been implied.   I don't think there was ever a concern that CGC had run out of money, or the only remaining grader/shipper/everything guy was dealing with a difficult health situation.  

Huh, they did indeed run out of money, and went and brought in millions of Blackrock dollars.

The situation was dire, only the policy of zero communication, lead to an entire another company rising in their shadow thanks to their ineptitude.

Are you new to this hobby?

On 6/24/2023 at 12:01 AM, ttfitz said:

Is that anywhere close to Phil's Parking Lot? (talk about "old school")

Phil's was almost leveled during a melee ... it was then demolished and replaced by The Meetup. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 6/23/2023 at 11:01 PM, Microchip said:

Huh, they did indeed run out of money, and went and brought in millions of Blackrock dollars.

The situation was dire, only the policy of zero communication, lead to an entire another company rising in their shadow thanks to their ineptitude.

Are you new to this hobby?

Assume that I am, and esplain it like I'm stoopid.  It the false equivalency holds, then Blackrock might be infusing Hero Restoration with millions soon and no one will have anything to worry about.  

On 6/23/2023 at 8:06 AM, thewritestuff said:

Oops, just saw you posted yours. Looks like this is a different victim’s book🤬

Has anyone even looked up the definition of libel? I can point out plenty, and very damaging ones. 

Libel

a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

On 6/23/2023 at 1:33 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Admins get two birthdays :) 

That was only back when they were double-secret moderators. 🤫

On 6/9/2023 at 1:30 PM, wombat said:

Clearly he is flat out lying to you. Which basically makes him a thief at this point. 

Has anyone even looked up the definition of libel? I can point out plenty, and very damaging ones. 

Libel

a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

On 6/9/2023 at 1:41 PM, Kamenliter said:

This was his response when I wrote that if I didn't receive a tracking # I would be forced to pursue legal means. Seems he just threatened to hold onto my books even longer should he get a call from a lawyer. My friend with the FF 5 has worked in law enforcement and is prepared to call the local PD.  A class action suit would be best, if we could find more people who have books out with him. I posted in the Facebook CGC group, with 33k members and not one person, aside from someone who has a book out since 2018 (!) that needed extensive restoration (and who didn't even seem fazed by it) responded. 

I hope you don't mind me giving some advice, but don't waste any money on an attorney, they are not worth it. All they want to do is charge you and they're not going to get anything more than you can do yourself which is get your books shipped. I really don't like attorneys;; they speak to you like bullies, and it has the opposite effect on me,. Once I hear from one of them to the back of the bus that client goes. For some reason they think vinegar works better than honey, I guess I just don't understand lawyer speak. Even my own attorneys are that way, I'd rather see money go to my favorite charity and break my back to solve the problem myself. If that makes any sense.

Out of context. He left out his threats and demeanor prior to my response

On 6/23/2023 at 8:50 PM, Hero Restoration said:

No, they don't. And in fact if you call them they just ghost you. I had clients waiting 16 months for their books asking them for to be returned and a refund and all we got back was no no and no

They don't offer any discount or any refund of services. They don't allow any cancellations. Once they receive the order. Their contract is not have a definitive time, but they get away with it and more. Why is that?

I think you alluded to something like this in one of your earlier posts, it was likewise a bit vague and could use some clarification. 

Are you saying there are customers for whom you’ve completed the restoration work, sent the books to CGC as requested and paid for by the customer, and now the customer is demanding that (presumably because the books were submitted under your account) that you somehow have CGC stop the grading process, return their books ungraded and want a refund on what they paid for CGC grading?

Edited by Number 6
Spelling, clarifications

On 6/9/2023 at 3:29 PM, Dr. Balls said:

'My girlfriends dog just ate all my baby chickens. I am offline until further notice.'

shibainu-chicken.gif.3392f7873d3235590a9076e30d7d4014.gif

CHICKEN NUGGETS!

In all seriousness - very sorry to hear that your childhood books are amongst the missing.

The term "missing" implies lost or gone. This was proven incorrect.

Libel

On 6/23/2023 at 6:48 PM, NoMan said:

So I'm going to start pressing and restoring books. BM me for prices. I guarantee quick turnaround.

An excellent typo (or pun, not sure)

On 6/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, NP_Gresham said:

He stole my Amazing Fantasy #15. He just took it and ran along with $3.2 K to restore it.

He is a turd. Write it off and never go near him

Stole?

Libel

On 6/23/2023 at 9:01 PM, skypinkblu said:

You've had some books for 5 years? You were OK, 5 years ago...You've had some books for 3 years...you were OK, 3 years ago.  We aren't talking about people who sent you books a few weeks ago.

Should also point out that chargeback claims are typically valid 60-90 days from the point of sale.  It's no excuse as to why someone's books have been held up for 5 years.