• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Registry - Transferring books between owners
1 1

3 posts in this topic

One aggravation of using the CGC Registry is when you buy a book from another member only to find that they haven't relinquished it in their registry yet.

Usually CGC is able to track them down and get the okay to transfer within a few days, but sometimes it drags on. A week ago today I tried to add a book that I purchased in January and have had in my possession since February. The seller must be doing a really good job of dodging you guys, because I'm still blocked from adding the book.

Here is my question: After a reasonable amount of time has gone by (let's say a week) without the seller responding to a transfer request, is there some back-up process for proving a new owner is the new owner? (E.g., a photo of the book on top of today's newspaper? A photo of the book with the new owner's driver's license? A video of the new owner with the book requesting the transfer?)

(Back up question: Today, how long does CGC wait to hear from a seller before just giving up and transferring a book? A week? A month? Forever?)

Hello @Off Panel

There is a waiting period of 72 hours for transfers if the original owner does not respond to the request.

Sometimes, there may be system downtime that prevents the request from going through.  This will cause the transfer to get stuck.  

If this happens, send me a DM here, or email me the details, with the certificate numbers to 

brogiers@collectiblesgoup.com

and I will manually approve the transfer.

Thanks!

1 1