• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are vintage japanese holo cards worth grading?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I recently went to a trade night and bought a mans entire collection of japanese cards. They were fair condition cards, and was wondering if I should grade the more upper-valued cards. I can include a list of each card that may be worth grading (they are all from jungle)

Mr. Mime holo

Flareon holo

Victreebel holo

Vileplume holo

I would love to hear from the community, for I am new to grading and do not know how it works.

Grading a card depends on what you are intending to do with said card. If you like the cards and want to grade them go ahead! I have graded $5 cards just because I wanted them to be in the slab to match the rest of my collection of CGC items. If you are looking to grade these cards with the intention of selling them, these wouldn't really fetch a high amount of money. I would recommend reviewing these cards on ebay and searching for them graded via CGC because then you can compare and contrast what you think the grade of the card will get based on what previous same cards have gotten. This will not only give you an estimate of grade but also an estimate of price point.