• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Conan 1
2 2

8 posts in this topic

In CGC's guide, the spine split is one of the defects that the range of grades is frustratingly broad with the middle not described in detail. It says 9.4 (small) to 1.8 (full). So definitely between those two numbers. I'm not seeing a lot in the photos except the split and some grime on the back. If that cleaned up and the general indentions/bending around the split pressed out, it would look like an 8.0 or better unless I'm missing something. I'm at 6.0/6.5 with successful work. And a very outside shot at 7.0. If the price is right, this would look good in a slab. One of those presents better than the grade books. Having a nice looking copy without breaking the bank.

Looking at this again I've weighed in a bit low. Revising my grade to 5.0 as is, to 5.5 if it cleans up well. It is a solid enough and attractive copy. That split is the defect that knocks it down from being a 5.5 or 6.0 as is. 

(I try not to be swayed by other folks grades before offering mine. But then when I read others comments and reasoning, it's hard not to reconsider my own assessment!)

Edited by LowGradeBronze