• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's done, so now what? ASM run completed.
5 5

72 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2023 at 1:12 PM, MAR1979 said:

Thanos Copter is Essential!  In many ways the most important story Marvel has ever produced :cool:

It’s extremely underrated.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, Kramerica said:

So when's the FS Thread? 

hm

Congratulations on completing your goal.  There are so many options to go to next.  My one and only advice to you is this: whatever you do, for your sanity, the love of your life, your family, and all those in it, DO NOT go completionist ASM. Tis a bottomless pit.

I'm done with my run from AF15-present invluding variants up to the end of v4 and 50% of variants in v5 and v6. I probably won't do all variants from v5 and v6 and will probably stop altogether.  I'm probably going to focus on something totally different to collect afterwards.

I would definitely take out your collection, spread it all out, bask in the glory of it, read it again, and then tuck it safely away.

On 6/22/2023 at 10:08 PM, justafan said:

Congratulations on completing your goal.  There are so many options to go to next.  My one and only advice to you is this: whatever you do, for your sanity, the love of your life, your family, and all those in it, DO NOT go completionist ASM. Tis a bottomless pit.

I'm done with my run from AF15-present invluding variants up to the end of v4 and 50% of variants in v5 and v6. I probably won't do all variants from v5 and v6 and will probably stop altogether.  I'm probably going to focus on something totally different to collect afterwards.

I would definitely take out your collection, spread it all out, bask in the glory of it, read it again, and then tuck it safely away.

One thing I won't do is chase variants. I have enough dupes and a massive collection.  lol no room!

Spidey has been my favorite character since I got my first comic book in the 1970's. I collected off and on several times through the years until high school, and then I took a long break (25 years). Every time I restarted, the goal was to get Issues 100-up of ASM and try to buy older ones as I could. But I also had an affection for Avengers and collected them the same way. Each time I got pretty good collections going of both titles, an expense I couldn't pay would come around and selling my comics was the only way I could raise money quickly (tires and other car repairs took a chunk out of my collection; the fine for a DUI I got my first week at Auburn wiped out the rest). 

So in 2010 when I decided to revisit my old hobby, I went to familiar territory and started my ASM collection again. The difference between this time and the others was that I had money to support my hobby and no debt. It took me 4 years to go from zero to a complete run of ASM, and I finished Avengers 1-503 about a year later. I stopped Spidey at the conclusion of Superior Spider-Man. I had complete runs of all the secondary Spidey titles, too, but I've sold most of them off. 

I remember the feeling of not having a goal comics-wise and I was at a loss of what to pursue for a little while, but I found more runs eventually. None of them were as fun or satisfying as ASM or Avengers to me, though, so my recommendation is to do an Avengers run. After completing ASM, Avengers should be a breeze for you.

On 6/12/2023 at 7:53 PM, universal soldier said:

I keep playing the lottery so maybe? (shrug)

I've resigned myself as that is a book I'll likely never own. 

Once you get an AF15...

Go for Amazing Adventures / Adult Fantasy 1-14

On 6/23/2023 at 4:13 PM, universal soldier said:

One thing I won't do is chase variants. I have enough dupes and a massive collection.  lol no room!

You should acquire the 5 30 cent variants (155-159) and the 5 35 cent variants (169-173) and the 184 All Detergent no price variant. Don't bother with the plethora of covers post 665. Like so many other titles, the number of covers is a joke.