• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Condition of books purchased from IDW web site
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I’m interested in purchasing several variants of Star Trek books directly from IDW’s web site.  There is no reference to the condition of the books listed on the  site. Has anyone purchased books from them? I don’t want to waste money on beat up copies.  Thanks.

I have never ordered directly form IDW but will note that if they are in the condition that I typically find them in at the LCS in my area and that I used to receive via pre-orders, they range from VF- to NM+ with the vast majority grading VF. I have not pre-ordered IDW titles in a long time, never will again, since roughly 90% of the copies had multiple color breaking spine ticks on the front and back covers. If I find 9.8 copies, very rare, at some LCS I may purchase them solely for the cover art.

On 6/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, sd2416 said:

Books Ive ordered come unbagged, unboarded, with minimal packing in the box.  

How long ago did you order from them? I know their packaging used to leave a lot to be desired, but all my purchases from the last year were packaged much better and arrived in great shape.

I've purchased some Star Wars variants and close out hardcovers. 

On 6/14/2023 at 10:08 AM, awakeintheashes said:

How long ago did you order from them? I know their packaging used to leave a lot to be desired, but all my purchases from the last year were packaged much better and arrived in great shape.

I've purchased some Star Wars variants and close out hardcovers. 

Last year, the GI JOE 295-297 online editions and the 300 Online exclusive