• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL 2-1 #1 CGC 9.8

9 posts in this topic

I offered my beautiful (no white border) flawless cgc 9.6 WP copy for less than 1/2 the BIN price of this book and was told that it was too high and I was price gouging. I was so offended. grin.gif

Someone (Josh) probably will, but I doubt at the BIN price.... "a close to the opening bid" snipe is possible.... but a 1st time 9.8 sale is virtually impossible to predict.

I was given a chance to make an offer on it, but my offer on that particular book would be below the opening bid as I don't consider it of personal "keeper" quality, and even if it was, I'm not immediately tempted at that figure. If the offset at the spine was a little less than the bottom width and the book was straight (its angled which bothers me more than a slight straight offset), I would have had a problem not considering the book close to the opening bid range. I actually have limits and common sense on occasion. grin.gif That said... a worthy MTU1 in 9.6 or 9.8 would have me acting irrationally to obtain... Love that book much more.

M 2-1 may also be another book that has been under the radar to submit. There's been 68 submitted vs. 134 for Marvel Team Up #1. Its also not as desirable as other 20¢ #1's to a very large group of collectors as far as I can tell... which makes the price hard to swallow for me. No one wants to pay an incredible price for the first 9.6/9.8 copy only to see several more follow for far less. I always get MTU 1 on want lists, but rarely get M 2-1. George's old 9.6 was much nicer overall and appeared close enough to a 9.8 on the large scan unless there was BC defects.

Now that we've all had a chance to observe and learn from the "Movie Induced Hype" scenarios (ex: DD 131, 158-191, ASM's across the board, etc.) we know a few things. 1. Obviously avoid buying on the buildup, sell.. and buy after. 2. The truth will become clear in regards to the "scarcity" of certain books that may seem to be in low supply and HTF prior. I'm willing to be patient on M 2-1 if I can't buy at my comfort zone with an FF movie down the road. cool.gif

I wish Cd4ever good luck though. smile.gif

This is a classic example of buy the book not the grade.

The book is a clear overgrade, and these types of 'supposedly' ultra HG mis-wrapped books will come back and bite CGC on the arse at some point in the future.