• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 301 Mark J
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Been a minute since I’ve posted here! Tightening the belt so haven’t been buying too much, but I recently found a pretty deal on what I thought was just an ordinary ASM 301 Newsstand. Lo and behold, it was a Mark Jewelers in pretty good condition! Been back and forth about grading it, and because this book is always a tough one for me to assign a grade to I figured I’d put it to the community!

Tried to capture all of the harder-to-see defects. Many seem very pressable: Creases at BLBC and TRBC appear to be non-color-breaking, and slight corner crunch bottom spine should clean up a bit. The color-breaking crease TRFC is about 1/8 inch, though it looks bigger in the picture. Inside and staples are good. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5707.jpeg

IMG_5708.jpeg

IMG_5709.jpeg

IMG_5710.jpeg

IMG_5711.jpeg

IMG_5714.jpeg

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5716.jpeg

IMG_5717.jpeg

IMG_5718.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5720.jpeg

IMG_5721.jpeg

IMG_5722.jpeg

The white covers are tough to grade in photos for sure. Assuming someone can improve the crunch, I think the ticks on the back will keep it around 9.0. I sent my Hulk 330MJs to Todd McFarlane b/c I figured it would be pretty unique to have signed + MJs. Granted, I still don't have it back yet, which is a different issue. I'm biased toward grading these unusual variants even if they aren't at the top of the scale.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:10 PM, scburdet said:

The white covers are tough to grade in photos for sure. Assuming someone can improve the crunch, I think the ticks on the back will keep it around 9.0. I sent my Hulk 330MJs to Todd McFarlane b/c I figured it would be pretty unique to have signed + MJs. Granted, I still don't have it back yet, which is a different issue. I'm biased toward grading these unusual variants even if they aren't at the top of the scale.

Thanks! If it's around 8.5/9.0 I'm probably going to get it graded. Even though I don't seek these out, it was definitely a pleasant surprise (only the very faintest of red lines visible in the listing photos, which I didn't catch at all).

Hm good call on the McFarlane signing--now I'm debating saving it for the next one...could be a fun thing to own. I've always liked this cover way more than 300. Just feels cleaner without all the busy '300's everywhere.