• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Cover
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi so I stumbled upon a double cover Avengers #62 from back when my grandpa bought the comic originally when it came out. I was just wondering what's the pricing on something like that, as they are so rare I cant find much on the pricing.

If slabbed for me personally if the outer covers has a lower grade than the inner I have zero interest. The reason is why pay 9.6 money for a comic that displays as 9.4, 9.2 or lower?

My opinion is multi-covered books are of interest to a subset of collectors.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:44 PM, MAR1979 said:

If slabbed for me personally if the outer covers has a lower grade than the inner I have zero interest. The reason is why pay 9.6 money for a comic that displays as 9.4, 9.2 or lower?

My opinion is multi-covered books are of interest to a subset of collectors.

Okay, i thought something similar, and actually with this comic the outer is significantly better as with the inner you can tell where they messed up on the comic and slightly tore it so thats why they put the extra cover on top of it.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:24 PM, Limeog said:

Okay, i thought something similar, and actually with this comic the outer is significantly better as with the inner you can tell where they messed up on the comic and slightly tore it so thats why they put the extra cover on top of it.

interesting and a bit unusual.

On 6/19/2023 at 4:24 PM, Limeog said:

No.  No one inspected the book and added a cover at the printers. Double covers happen by accident and got out to the public because no one was checking for printing errors.