• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From the collection of Nicolas Cage
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2023 at 12:26 PM, Artboy99 said:

Mine does

Planet Comics 6 cgc 6.5 front.jpg

Your book has a serial number back from when the original old label was used, and books from the Nick Cage collection were noted as such on the label.  The book owned by the original poster was slabbed at a much later date.  Perhaps CGC decided to no longer recognize books as being from the Cage collection at that time.

Update: 

So I ended up getting in touch with Vincent Zurzolo from ComicConnect, & he verified that the book was from the Cage collection as it was submitted to them by Cage along with a decent amount of other remaining books from his collection (some with the "from the collection of cage" labels, some without) . Really impressed with how helpful ComicConnect was with all of this (especially considering I didn't even buy the book direct from them). 

That said, I was also able to get in touch with the head graders at CGC, and, unfortunately, they are no longer adding this designation to labels. Bit of a bummer, but oh well I guess I might just have to deal with the ugly old CGC case.

Out of curiosity-- the certification # stays the same when you do a reholder, right? because I may still consider reholdering--as long as I can get a physical signed COA from ComicConnect of the Book's Cage connection to replace the current sticker. I really really don't like having the old cgc case next to all my newer ones lol

Thanks to everyone for your opinions/advice. 

On 8/1/2023 at 2:30 PM, aleccomix said:

Update: 

So I ended up getting in touch with Vincent Zurzolo from ComicConnect, & he verified that the book was from the Cage collection as it was submitted to them by Cage along with a decent amount of other remaining books from his collection (some with the "from the collection of cage" labels, some without) . Really impressed with how helpful ComicConnect was with all of this (especially considering I didn't even buy the book direct from them). 

That said, I was also able to get in touch with the head graders at CGC, and, unfortunately, they are no longer adding this designation to labels. Bit of a bummer, but oh well I guess I might just have to deal with the ugly old CGC case.

Out of curiosity-- the certification # stays the same when you do a reholder, right? because I may still consider reholdering--as long as I can get a physical signed COA from ComicConnect of the Book's Cage connection to replace the current sticker. I really really don't like having the old cgc case next to all my newer ones lol

Thanks to everyone for your opinions/advice. 

No, when you reholder you get a different label. You would loose that certification #!