• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA is CLOSED
5 5

323 posts in this topic

Here's the last of the evening's Bad Girl titles. 

Basement Gang, Beacon B 260

Oh NO! Lingerie! Reefer! Deflowering vigins! And that's just the front cover, lollol 

A very nice copy indeed, flat and square, glossy, with just a touch of minor general wear. 
This time I'm taking Paperback Buddy's advice.

Asking $40  SOLD!

BASEMENTGANGA.jpg

BASEMENTGANGB.jpg

20230622_154732.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Let's finish off with a little horror.

Dark Symphony, Dean Koontz, Laner 74621-075
According to what I've been reading, this is the first and ONLY edition of this particular title, evidently Koontz thought so
little of it that he bought up all the rights to prevent it ever being reprinted again. I haven't read it. Probably pretty bad, :D 

But if you're a Koontz completist this is the only way you'll get the story. 
Not a bad copy, but light soiling, small price in marker upper LH FC, couple light dogears. Some copies availabe on ABE at $50 and up.

Asking $30

DARKSYMPHA.jpg

DARKSYMPHB.jpg

20230622_160035.jpg

Edited by catrick339

A Werewolf Among Us, Dean Koontz. Ballantine 03055. Stated first printing.

Sharp copy, with a whiff of general wear, one spot of water lower LH edge FC, couple smudges lower BC. 
Flat, tight, glossy, square.

Asking $15

WEREWOLFA.jpg

WEREWOLFB.jpg

20230622_211500.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Here we go, last book for the evening.

Nine Horrors and a Dream, Ballantine 587
Small store stamp inside FC on page 1, some minor general wear including  a small scratch FC, bumped corners, etc.

Still tight and square. 

Asking $15

NINEHORRORSA.jpg

NINEHORRORSB.jpg

20230622_160655.jpg

Edited by catrick339

That's it  Gang, back tomorrow with another dozen or so.

What's your pleasure? Hard Boiled Detective? Philip K. D*** all night long?  Ace Doubles?  SF and Fantasy? Mixed Grille?

I have enough of each of those to run an evening theme.  Chime in!

Oh, I suppose I should mention in passing, selling paperbacks retail is a ways out of my comfort zone, feel free to offer advice
or kibitzing, and by all means send offers if you see something you like. 

On 6/22/2023 at 12:02 PM, catrick339 said:

SO! I've been watching with great interest the last few weeks of Surfing Alien's tremendous paperback sales thread. 
Having been thinking about thinning the herd a LOT as I approach 70, I've decided to throw my (paperback) hat in the ring too.

Ol' Surfie has me whipped hands down when it comes to Burroughs titles and Frazetta covers, but I think I've edged him out in 
Philip K D*** titles, :D 

I have a bit over a hundred titles set aside, culled from my personal collection, along with a few gems culled from two huge paperback
buys in the last few years. I'm interested to see how these fare. 
But first:

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC, BC and either a photo or scan of the spine.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$10.00  Priority shipping to the USA for one or two paperbacks, well packed in a padded  envelope.   
$17.00 boxed  Priority  for  larger quantities.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER GREATLY PREFERRED, I despise paypal.   

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me first and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/196720-catrick339-nuff-said/#comments

Here we go!

I'm still figuring out the best way to approach getting good images for paperbacks, but at least at first I'm starting out with three scans, 
FC, BC, and spine. Feel free to give me feedback on whether this works for all you all. 

For this afternoon I'm posting the only dustjackted paperback I've run across in some years, and it's a stone gorgeous beauty.

No Place To Hide, Bantam 421

The book itself is news stand fresh, see the first three scans. 
The jacket itself is durned near as nice, see the next three scans plus a couple pix.  There's just not much wrong here. 
Photos will be added from my phone shortly after posting the rest.

Asking  $100

NOPLACE1.jpg

NOPLACEB.jpg

NOPLACEC.jpg

NOPLACED.jpg

NOPLACEE.jpg

NOPLACEF.jpg

20230622_144131.jpg

20230622_144153.jpg

:takeit: - For the "Atomic Bomb" section of my bookshelves.

G'Morning! Time for a couple of Early...ahh..(Glances at clock) Brunch Birds!

Nobody chimed in last night, so I chose a theme myself. Today's all about Hard Boiled Detectives. 

This morning I'm starting out with the only two Bart House books I've gotten in the last ten years. 
I STILL haven't found any out in the wild, these came out the last batch of PB's  I bought bulk. 

4 Feet In The Grave, Bart House 13

Flat and square enough, bright white pages, but a fair amount of general wear, take a look at the sans. 

Asking $20

4FEETA.jpg

4FEETB.jpg

20230623_085423.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Said With Flowers, Bart House 19

Small pencil mark inside FC upper edge page 1, otherwise flat and square with a good anount of general wear, 
tiny split lower spine BC, small split lower spine FC. 

Asking $10

SAIDWITHFLOWERSA.jpg

SAIDWITHFLOWERSB.jpg

20230623_085143.jpg

Edited by catrick339

That's it, back this evening with some *early* Popular Library, a sweet Dell Mapback, a first edition Spillane, a sharp Gold Medal, 
and **gasp** one more Bart House I overlooked last night! Nicest of the bunch too!

See you around 8 PM. 

Well, it's early, but this thread is taking more time and effort than my usual hi-jinx, so I'm going to get moving and burn through this stack.
Looks like I'll be limiting myself to a couple early/brunch birds in the morning plus a dozen or so in  the evening. 
Let's get started. 

Gentlemen of Crime, Domino #2, digest size. 

Looks pretty nice at first glance, but the front cover and the first leaf are split from the spine about two thirds of the way up.
Probably an easy repair if you're handy with such things, I chose not to mess with it. 
Touch of cocked spine to boot. Glossy, some general wear and light creasing 

Fixable filler for five bucks.

GENTLEMENA.jpg

GENTLEMENB.jpg

20230623_174603.jpg

20230623_174641.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Time for some early Popular Library! I have five volumes in the double digits. None are truly high end, but they're all solid copies.

Death Sits On The Board, Popular Library 12

General wear, but it displays pretty well. Spine slightly cocked. Decent gloss, interior is clean. 

Asking $10

DEATHSITSA.jpg

DEATHSITSB.jpg

20230623_171325.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Dead Don't Care, Popular Library 16

Another solid clean copy with general wear. Tight, square, clean interior.

Asking $15, just for the flamingo, lol 

DEADDONTCAREA.jpg

DEADDONTCAREB.jpg

20230623_171625.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Out Of Order, Popular Library 25

A bit nicer, with minor general wear, insides clean but tanned. 
Square and flat enough, but there are a couple odd little indentations in the BC, should be visible in the scan.

Asking $10  SOLD!

OUTOFORDERA.jpg

OUTOFORDERB.jpg

20230623_171952.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Woman In The Picture, Popular Library 65

Best of the bunch, flat, square, clean interior, with a whiff of general wear, ink chip upper RH FC.

Asking $10

WOMANINTHEPICA.jpg

WOMANINTHEPICB.jpg

20230623_172253.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Murder In Season, Popular Library 74

Not *quite* as nice as the last book, but still solid. Some minor creasing. Bright colors, clean interior.
Flat and square, pretty glossy. 

Asking $10  SOLD!

MURDERA.jpg

MURDERB.jpg

20230623_172608.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 6/23/2023 at 7:34 PM, PopKulture said:

Hey Rickster, can you ship books media mail? A cheap-O like me is always interested in saving some dough where I can. They let you pack as much as you want and these are legitimate books after all.  9_9

Huh. I guess I don't see any reason why I couldn't, although I may have to scrounge for boxes, or make up my own out of corrugated. 
Sure! If folks are patient with me I can pack things up and get a quote from the PO and charge exact shipping for media.  

Consider it done...if you PM me after invoicing and request it. 

(Runs off to amend boilerplate at the beginning of the thread)