• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Doom did they ever show his face

32 posts in this topic

Personally, I like the Venture Brother's version Baron Mandible. Now, that guys got some facial problems. But yeah, the concept of Doom being freaked by a small scar on his face totally fits in with his personality. So, I am going with that. The Marvel Universe doesn't need anymore disfigured freakish characters to move a plot along.

Getting freaked out by a scar would make him angry but you'd have to have been insane already to get THAT angry about it. But having your entire face melt off would DEFINITELY make you angry enough to kill your enemies AND take over the world...the damage made Doom "insane"

Not to mention that this whole "it was only a scratch" retcon only works after a decade or more of believing Doom has been hideously deformed. If you trot it out as the initial origin, it's worthless and actually diminishes the character.

I have read his origin but is there a comic that shows his face and really shows what happened to him?

They came very close in the story in issues 198-200 if I recall.

That's the Bronze-Age though. poke2.gif