• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Geoff Johns Green Lantern can grow up?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

For first i have to say like everytime the first reason want me to buy these books: is because the story make me so hungry:drool: 

Never buy books just to win money you will always regret it, except if its your work...

Ok now, yes i know what you would say dc modern books are not hot on the market and the people invest in are going to lose money...

BUT this Run is really really popular and considered the best GL story of all time, the charachter became more appreciated by a lot of people after the run. more of that the lore is just amazing, with the introduction of all this new Lantern Corps with many different colors. And the Art oh my god is just beautiful!

It is a great run of comics, especially the Sinestro Corps War, which is classic Green Lantern.

Particularly like Ivan Reis’ artwork on the series.

Next, perhaps, try Geoff Johns’ JSA stories.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/24/2023 at 11:37 AM, Ken Aldred said:

It is a great run of comics, especially the Sinestro Corps War, which is classic Green Lantern.

Particularly like Ivan Reis’ artwork on the series.

Next, perhaps, try Geoff Johns’ JSA stories.

And did you think there is potentially up in value? That was my principal questionning.

On 6/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, BA773 said:

And did you think there is potentially up in value? That was my principal questionning.

Missed that. Only talking about them being great reading material.

I think a number of Green Lantern runs and issues could rise in value when we get more news on the HBO Green Lantern television series, and after if if it is a hit that continues for multiple seasons.

Whether the Johns run rises seems to me to be a question of how many of the ideas from those issues get picked up in the series.

On 6/24/2023 at 2:17 AM, BA773 said:

For first i have to say like everytime the first reason want me to buy these books: is because the story make me so hungry:drool: 

Never buy books just to win money you will always regret it, except if its your work...

Ok now, yes i know what you would say dc modern books are not hot on the market and the people invest in are going to lose money...

BUT this Run is really really popular and considered the best GL story of all time, the charachter became more appreciated by a lot of people after the run. more of that the lore is just amazing, with the introduction of all this new Lantern Corps with many different colors. And the Art oh my god is just beautiful!

Rebirth and the Sinestro Corps keys have potential in regards to the Geoff Johns run. Rebirth was an amazing story and really created our current Hal Jordan, the main run has some great character firsts, sinestro corps, and the building blocks for Blackest Night. Overall his stories have potential and characters as well.

I'm surprised no one has remarked about the (I assume) typo in the subject line. When I first saw this thread, I thought, "Wait, did Geoff Johns do a teenage Green Lantern story or something?"

On 6/26/2023 at 8:27 PM, ttfitz said:

I'm surprised no one has remarked about the (I assume) typo in the subject line. When I first saw this thread, I thought, "Wait, did Geoff Johns do a teenage Green Lantern story or something?"

I really didn’t have much of a clue, so I just winged it and took my customary reader-not-speculator position when I replied, and hoped for the best.