• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is a curator?

30 posts in this topic

They were sold in March of 2003, through a sotheby's/ebay live auction. Because it was a live auction the tool I use to capture auctions didn't work, so I don't have a full record.

How do you capture auctions? Is there a nice piece of freeware available to do this?

They were sold in March of 2003, through a sotheby's/ebay live auction. Because it was a live auction the tool I use to capture auctions didn't work, so I don't have a full record.

How do you capture auctions? Is there a nice piece of freeware available to do this?

I use Auction Magic for sniping and as an added benefit it captures title, date, final bid and the like on ebay items that I add into it whether I end up bidding on them or not.

I use Auction Magic for sniping and as an added benefit it captures title, date, final bid and the like on ebay items that I add into it whether I end up bidding on them or not.

Auction sniper does that as well. I never thought about using it as a date saving tool.

What do you do, just put in a slightly larger bid and let it get outbid?

Auction sniper does that as well. I never thought about using it as a date saving tool.

What do you do, just put in a slightly larger bid and let it get outbid?

All I have to do to add an auction to Auction Magic is select and copy the auction number (just copy, no paste) and Auction Magic does the rest. It then allows me to output the completed auctions as an html file, which I then save.

All I have to do to add an auction to Auction Magic is select and copy the auction number (just copy, no paste) and Auction Magic does the rest. It then allows me to output the completed auctions as an html file, which I then save.

How often do you have to save the output file? By this I mean, is there 1 output per completed auction or is Auction Magic keeping a log-type of file with all the results of the auctions you've decided to watch?