• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series Facilitator event updates
1 1

9 posts in this topic

There doesn’t seem to be a regular way for CGC Signature Series collectors to find information regarding what facilitators are attending which events.  It would help to have an area that we can check to see what events each facilitator is attending.

I’m also curious to know if each facilitator is supposed to contact CGC to let them know which shows they are attending?

Some facilitators don’t have updated websites to the events they will be attending.

@CGC Mike 

I think my point was missed.  I originally posted this in the ASK CGC area.  

Is it possible to have the facilitators page modified to shows which conventions they will be attending? There are 58 facilitators on that page with contact info. It would be a great help to be able to see the cons each one is attending.  Don’t they contact CGC to enable them to facilitate a con?

In the sig series events area, there are numerous threads asking for facilitators. 
I believe there should be a better way to pass on the information more easily.

On 6/29/2023 at 5:39 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

It appears that your thread was moved here.  Otherwise, I would not have to approve it.  Let me check into this, and get back to you.

Mike

Comics General has 3 sub forums.  IMHO the Signature Room should add a second sub forum for facilitator con schedules. If a facilitator has a booth or is sending a CAW to an event, it should be a requirement to post an announcement or update their schedule here on the boards.

On 6/30/2023 at 6:50 AM, Catwomancomics said:

the Signature Room should add a second sub forum for facilitator con schedules. If a facilitator has a booth or is sending a CAW to an event, it should be a requirement to post an announcement or update their schedule here on the boards.

great idea @Catwomancomics

I think the order form submission for facilitators could also be improved; as it is now, the only thing I really know is the name of the convention the artist I want is going to attend: that should be the first option drop down list. The 2nd drop down should have the facilitators that are attending the convention I selected in drop down #1. As it is now, I have to click through each facilitator option in the drop down to figure out which facilitator is going to which convention.

It would also be great to be able to have the contact info for the facilitator show up somewhere - the Dealer Locator https://www.cgccomics.com/comics-dealer-locator/ doesn't let you search by name, so you end up just googling the name of the facilitator and hope you come up with the right one.

• Administrator
On 6/29/2023 at 2:15 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Is it possible to have the facilitators page modified to shows which conventions they will be attending? There are 58 facilitators on that page with contact info. It would be a great help to be able to see the cons each one is attending.  Don’t they contact CGC to enable them to facilitate a con?
In the sig series events area, there are numerous threads asking for facilitators. 
I believe there should be a better way to pass on the information more easily.

I provided your post to the Signature Series Director.  Here is what I was told as to how I can assist, and what our goal is to improve this in the future:

Currently, I have two options to assist customers. Firstly, I can direct them to our OSF (Online Submission Form) where they can find a dropdown menu displaying live events and the respective Facilitators. Alternatively, I can provide customers with our SS email address for inquiries, and we will inform them about the available events.

In the future, our goal is to enhance customer convenience by consolidating all Facilitator events on a single webpage on our website. This will eliminate the need for customers to visit the OSF or contact us for information. Hopefully within a year or so, this will happen. We will promptly inform our customer service team once this feature is live.

Thx @CGC Mike - appreciate the effort.

However I'd like to point out that part of the Signature Series Director's response is not actually correct:

Firstly, I can direct them to our OSF (Online Submission Form) where they can find a dropdown menu displaying live events and the respective Facilitators' 

On load, the OSF page has a dropdown menu of facilitators - not events. Only after the facilitator is selected does the event dropdown populate.

As a user, this is really inconvenient, as I don't have any idea who the facilitators are, but I do know which event I want, so having to click through each dropdown menu option of facilitators to figure out which convention they're going to is cumbersome.

imo those dropdown should simply be flipped - you select the event, then you can see which facilitators are attending.