• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know this Spider-man artist? Thanks.

13 posts in this topic

Haven’t seen the inside flap of this issue. No clue who the artist is? Any ideas? My first guess is Alex Saviuk. 

Page. 

IMG_5005.thumb.jpeg.b9c25701d4ce50b212f034736e5a3eb0.jpeg

I believe it is from this issue. 

IMG_5006.jpeg.83302b7ececf33eaf6eec616d055ac2f.jpeg

Edited by Blastaar

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?IID=29482319
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spider-man-national-committee-for-prevention-of-ch/4000-192272/

Looks like it is two pencillers across two stories.

1995 Edition. Prevention of Child Abuse Toyota giveaway. Cover by John Romita Sr. (W) Louise Simonson (P) John Buscema, Mark Bright (3 pgs). "Who Cares" & "Nobody Wins". Hobgoblin appears in both stories.

On 7/7/2023 at 10:29 AM, Garf said:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?IID=29482319
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/spider-man-national-committee-for-prevention-of-ch/4000-192272/

Looks like it is two pencillers across two stories.

1995 Edition. Prevention of Child Abuse Toyota giveaway. Cover by John Romita Sr. (W) Louise Simonson (P) John Buscema, Mark Bright (3 pgs). "Who Cares" & "Nobody Wins". Hobgoblin appears in both stories.

Awesome. So it’s down to John Buscema or Mark Bright. Here’s hoping it’s Mark and not that Johnny nobody guy. 

I'm leaning toward Buscema. It's originally from the 1987 free comic book for 7-11(printed later in 96). I found this initial page showing John as the penciler and referring to a "Susan", same as the page. I'm starting to get excited, but don't know for sure. 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.69f407753676df43bd28b027b983dbfb.jpg

On 7/7/2023 at 12:40 PM, Blastaar said:

I'm leaning toward Buscema. It's originally from the 1987 free comic book for 7-11(printed later in 96). I found this initial page showing John as the penciler and referring to a "Susan", same as the page. I'm starting to get excited, but don't know for sure. 

"Susan" appears in two stories in the issue plus a 1-page PSA announcement.

Your page appears to be the last page from the Buscema/DeZuniga drawn story. I certainly wouldn't have guessed that artistic pairing looking at your page! 

On 7/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, delekkerste said:

"Susan" appears in two stories in the issue plus a 1-page PSA announcement.

Your page appears to be the last page from the Buscema/DeZuniga drawn story. I certainly wouldn't have guessed that artistic pairing looking at your page! 

Ya, I still have reservations about calling it officially a Buscema page. Would sure like to. 

The Nobody Wins story credits Tony DeZuniga as the inker.  And that splash looks like DeZuniga inks, mainly in the figures.  They have that Tom Palmer "scratchiness" look.  But the backgrounds are pretty "blah". 

But I really don't see DeZuniga in that original art.  I mean, maaaaybe.  But I don't.  And I'm not really a John Buscema fan but I think he would've come up with a more interesting layout for the last page of a story.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:16 PM, Will_K said:

The Nobody Wins story credits Tony DeZuniga as the inker.  And that splash looks like DeZuniga inks, mainly in the figures.  They have that Tom Palmer "scratchiness" look.  But the backgrounds are pretty "blah". 

But I really don't see DeZuniga in that original art.  I mean, maaaaybe.  But I don't.  And I'm not really a John Buscema fan but I think he would've come up with a more interesting layout for the last page of a story.

Well it was a free ad-hoc comic, maybe there was a speediness to it.