• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> 5 Early Timely-Atlas Romance

10 posts in this topic

5 EarlyTimely-Atlas Romance

Offering a few of the not-too often seen early Timely/Atlas books I’ve posted in some threads the past two weeks.

The Rules …

• No one on the naughty lists.
  • Payment via PayPal; in Canada, E-transfer is preferred.
  • Shipping via Canada Post within Canada: $15.00; shipping to the US via Canada Post: $22.00
  • International OK, but shipping cost will be need to be determined based on where you live.
  • Please ask for more pics if you need to. Returns and refunds okay on raws if you see something I missed; return shipping will be on you; please notify me no later than 1 week after receiving the book(s).
  • The first :takeit: in the thread which identifies the book(s), either through a quoted pic, or name of the book(s), claims the book(s) and trumps ANY negotiations via PM. I’ll mark books SOLD as soon as I can after a PM negotiation, but if another Boardie beats me to it, then he/she is the winner.
  • Please provide payment within 2 days of receiving my PM with the invoice.
  • My Kudos https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/377554-buscemas-avengers-kudosfeedback-thread/
  • Again, I encourage you to PM and ask for additional pics of these books, and any questions, if needed.
Edited by BuscemasAvengers

Love Romances 23 (Timely/Atlas, 1952), 4.0-4.5; book is complete; GCD says a Ken Bald cover, with wonderful art from Jay Scott Pike in the first story; there are none on the census. No data to go on (unless you consider a copy bunched with others in a group Heritage offered years ago). $125.00

LR23F.jpg

LR23B.jpg

LR23Pic1.jpg

LR23Pic2.jpg

LR23Pic3.jpg

Love Romances 27 (Timely/Atlas, 1952), 5.5-6.0; book is complete; amazing Hartley cover; there are none on the census. Again, difficult to find sales data on this book. In March of 2022, it and ‘Dear Lonely Hearts 8’ carried a group of 10 romance books to a sale of about $500.00 before BP kicked in (owner now asking $900.00 for the lot). In August of 2022, a raw VG sold for $264.00. For this one, I’m at $325.00.

LR27F.jpg

LR27B.jpg

LR27Pic1.jpg

LR27Pic2.jpg

LR27Pic3.jpg

Lovers 39 (Atlas, 1952), 7.0-7.5 as is; book is complete; GCD says it’s a Bald cover, and a beauty it is, with Whitney and Pike art inside. There are 5 on the census, and I think this one has a shot of challenging the highest graded 7.5. Data: a raw VG sold for $80.00 last month. A slabbed 4.0 is listed on eBay for $175.00. GPA shows a 7.0 selling for $110.00 in 2021, but a 6.5 sold for $250.00 in 2020. For this one because of its potential, I’m asking $300.00.

L39F.jpg

L39B.jpg

L39Pic1.jpg

L39Pic2.jpg

L39Pic3.jpg

Lovers 50 (Atlas, 1953), 4.0-5.0; book is complete; although not as renowned as the previous Jay Scott Pike issue cover, this Hartley (GCD?) cover deserves a little respect as well. Wraps 6-8 have pulled away from the bottom staple. Just two on the census, both 3.5s. GPA has one of those 3.5s selling for $198.00 back in January.   For this one, I’m at $250.00

L50F.jpg

L50B.jpg

L50Pic1.jpg

L50Pic2.jpg

L50Pic3.jpg

L50Pic4.jpg

Lovers 38 (Atlas, 1951), 5.0-5.5; book is complete; beautiful Hartley cover with some early Krigstein in the last story; pretty well zero data on this book, and there are none on the census; in 2021, it and ‘Girls’ Love Stories 14’ were the highlights of a 5-book group sold by Heritage for $528.00 (including BP); owner has a current minimum offer of $1056.00 for the same 5-book lot; For this one, I’m at $300.00.

L38F.jpg

L38B.jpg

L38Pic1.jpg

L38Pic2.jpg

L38Pic3.jpg