• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC OA Dinner Thursday July 20th

12 posts in this topic

Brian, guys like you make this hobby fun! Thanks for putting this together, although I won’t be attending, I hope everyone has a great SDCC and takes advantage of these opportunities to reach outside your comfort zone and make new comic art buds. It always nice to hang with fans of the medium and talk shop.

Hey Brian, 

How many are you able to accommodate? Several from our collecting group were talking about doing something that evening, so depending on the space available, perhaps we could join. 

On 7/12/2023 at 11:30 PM, Xatari said:

Hey Brian, 

How many are you able to accommodate? Several from our collecting group were talking about doing something that evening, so depending on the space available, perhaps we could join. 

we have had ones in the past of 15-20 people

I have made reservations for 20 thursday at 8:30. If you can get there earlier the better as the kitchen closes at 9pm and need to get all the orders in by then. The numbers usually change people drop out for other things so please contact me if there is a change. Be seeing you.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:46 AM, thethedew said:

I wonder if it's worthwhile to go to San Diego, skip trying to get into the con, but attend this dinner?  Something to ponder...

I was in LA on business during SDCC a number of year ago and heard about the dinner. I drove down for it got there early enough to wander around bit near the convention center as the artists were leaving and got to see some friends. Then walked to the dinner a saw a few I knew and met more that I had not met before including Brian.

I thought it was well worth the drive (and the stop going on I5 by Customs and Immigration).