• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts? Should I buy this or not?

7 posts in this topic

So I won this auction:

Tales of the Crypt EC Set

And the seller had this up as well, but it didn't sell

Vault of Horror EC Set

So I sent the guy an email asking to buy this one at $70. He told me he can't do it for less than $75.

I am not sure if I should buy it or not. It looks like fun but I don't like the fact that the guy wants to charge me an extra $5. I told him that ebay fees for listing and success and the time/energy/effort of relisting should be worth $5, but he won't budge.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

DAM

but he won't budge.

This is the key comment since you say that you don't want to budge either...I would say if you want the set then don't quibble over $5.00 and go for it ....if you don't like the guys undeterring stance then pass...JMO... grin.gif

Think of it this way.

If you buy it for $75 today, five years from now are you going to be ticked off that you didn't get it for $70. Probably not?

Buy it and enjoy.

(PS, the seller is sending me $5 if I can get you to buy this book for $75!!!! Just Kidding!)

Whenever I run into an impasse like this, I just split the difference. That usually does it. That way you both win. So offer him another $2.50.

But if you want to take a chance, after it doesn't sell again, offer him $65.00. smirk.gif