• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Typical Mile High

59 posts in this topic

Anyone who says that Metro's, Sulipa's, and Bob's service is no better than a random ebay purchase is full of you know what.

Not really. It's worked for me time after time for the things I buy. I have been better off, hands down, buying carefully off eBay than I have with any of those dealers, period. Sorry if that makes me full of , but thanks for being a about it.

Yes, but unlike me, you never qualify your general statements to make it clear you're only talking about post-1966 mainstream titles. poke2.gif

Have I told you how much I regret going to law school lately? 27_laughing.gif

I've been regretting it since 1993! confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone who says that Metro's, Sulipa's, and Bob's service is no better than a random ebay purchase is full of you know what.

Not really. It's worked for me time after time for the things I buy. I have been better off, hands down, buying carefully off eBay than I have with any of those dealers, period. Sorry if that makes me full of , but thanks for being a about it.

popcorn.gif

But for higher dollar purchases of over $100 per book, relying on ebay is like going hog-wild in Bangkok without a jimmy sack.

That's beautiful, you should write greeting cards. grin.gif

I agree with what you said but I do not think Andy would not be convinced until he buys an expensive book on eBay and gets hosed. That might be part of, Andy appears to be a a bronze age collector - perhaps he does not buy books over $100.

No problem! hi.gif

But for higher dollar purchases of over $100 per book, relying on ebay is like going hog-wild in Bangkok without a jimmy sack.

I agree with what you said but I do not think Andy would be convinced until he buys an expensive book on eBay and gets hosed. That might be part of, Andy appears to be a a bronze age collector - perhaps he does not buy books over $100.

I have, but I have stuck to sellers I know to be reputable and I haven't had a problem so far. Honestly though, I have tracked prices of slabs as well, and eBay usually wins the price battle in that category as well. confused-smiley-013.gif I can understand not wanting to buy a raw book for $500+ on eBay, and preferring to buy from an established dealer, but honestly, what % of comic purchases fall into that category? Most of the comics sold are either less than that amount, or in a slab.

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

I would insert a baiting graemlin here, but I don't want to tempt Arch into giving me a strike. smile.gif

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

I would insert a baiting graemlin here, but I don't want to tempt Arch into giving me a strike. smile.gif

You know, I haven't seen Deathlok post much since the crackdown. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder if he fell into a depression because of it.

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

You know, I haven't seen Deathlok post much since the crackdown. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder if he fell into a depression because of it.

Cloud 9

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

Cloud 9

gossip.gif

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

Cloud 9

No problem! hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

Cloud 9

applause

I agree with what you said but I do not think Andy would be not convinced until he buys an expensive book on eBay and gets hosed. That might be part of, Andy appears to be a a bronze age collector - perhaps he does not buy books over $100.

I have, but I have stuck to sellers I know to be reputable and I haven't had a problem so far. Honestly though, I have tracked prices of slabs as well, and eBay usually wins the price battle in that category as well. confused-smiley-013.gif I can understand not wanting to buy a raw book for $500+ on eBay, and preferring to buy from an established dealer, but honestly, what % of comic purchases fall into that category? Most of the comics sold are either less than that amount, or in a slab.

eBay does usually win on most slabbed prices. I am predominantly a X-Men collector right now and have found about 50% of my best slabbed deals on eBay, 30% with Heritage and the remainder through dealers. On my hardest to find , bigger ticket issues - about 50% were from dealers, 30% from Heritage, and 20% from eBay. The reason for the dealers getting the more business on higher end books is that they usually are not on eBay and it is easier to trust dealer with what I consider a high end book. Since my collection is nearing completion of 9.4 and above - nearly every issue I need is over $500. So the percentage of of books over $500 that I will be purchasing is about 90%. I guess it that goes with what price range you are collecting, I am sure most Golden Age high end collectors are buying very little on eBay but mostly through dealers or Heritage.

I must say Tomega, you seem to be one of the only intelligent men on this entire board. Congrats.

Thanks, I have heard that once or twice before but then they read my posts in the water cooler and my stock goes way down. sorry.gif

What I find impressive is your prolific posting - 400+ in 2 weeks. That is more than what I post in 6 months. Even more impressive is that it is all legitimate content. How do you find the time ?