• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The things i will never figure about books value
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Ok, so now explain me somethings.

The modern comics books worth nothing! 

Everytime we speak about that, the first reason as mentionned is that since the 90s people started to buy many and many copies of the books and keep them like jewelry, so now there is just too much books on the market and logically that kill the value. 

Ok so now the point is: WHY IN THIS POOR OCEAN WE HAVE SOME KEYS THAT RISE TO THE SURFACE?

If we consider what i explained, nevermind a book present a new charachters or something like that why would it go up in value if everyone as buyed this book like all the others when he was on the shelf?? 

For exemple why batman 635 worth so much if everyone was able to buy them at the time and put them in a box...? 

The only expensive books i can understand why they are is this freakings variants cover because is literally the principle to make them uncommon.

Hope your understand my interrogation.

Did i find a failure into the system?

Did all modern keys will are going to collapse a day? 

Or in contrary can we hope as EVERY books will finally grow up even a little bit by the only factor of the time?

1) The comic market is very fragmented.  I can't imagine many people buy a copy of every comic that comes out.

2) Let's say 10% of the total audience buys Batman each month

3) A new, hot character appears in Batman 635, one that half the buyers now want.  It's sold out, as orders didn't reflect the demand.

4) Collectors are willing to pay more to get the book now, thus prices go up. 

5)  If demand continues, prices will continue to be high.  If the book is a flash in the pan, demand will slow and prices will follow. 

6) Batman 636 may have the same number of copies available as Batman 635, but if demand for it isn't the same, why would the price be?

Supply is a factor, but DEMAND is the most important factor.  If a book is in demand, expect to pay a premium.  The average modern book has little demand at full price a few weeks after its release so it ends up in the bargain bins.

On 7/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, shadroch said:

1) The comic market is very fragmented.  I can't imagine many people buy a copy of every comic that comes out.

2) Let's say 10% of the total audience buys Batman each month

3) A new, hot character appears in Batman 635, one that half the buyers now want.  It's sold out, as orders didn't reflect the demand.

4) Collectors are willing to pay more to get the book now, thus prices go up. 

5)  If demand continues, prices will continue to be high.  If the book is a flash in the pan, demand will slow and prices will follow. 

6) Batman 636 may have the same number of copies available as Batman 635, but if demand for it isn't the same, why would the price be?

Supply is a factor, but DEMAND is the most important factor.  If a book is in demand, expect to pay a premium.  The average modern book has little demand at full price a few weeks after its release so it ends up in the bargain bins.

That make sense, will you think at the other extrem "the hated book" i dont just speak about 1dollars book of everyone dont care i speak about book will be received hate from readers can be grow up too? 

Larry hama Batman does he have some potential if we think with a vision in many and many years? :roflmao:

Edited by BA773

As always, market value is determined by the principals of Economics 101: supply and demand.  Supply is simply capped at whatever the print run is.  Demand is the number of collectors looking to buy it at any given time.  Demand fluctuates over time as books rise and fall in popularity.  Some books rise in popularity in such a way that their demand is almost forever higher than the available supply.  When this happens, you get an increase in price.  Note, this is different from speculation where short term hype drives up the demand on a book.  Variants are a prime example of this as some variants are hyped up upon release but as that immediate demand fades, prices come back down.  It's a bit like buying something at the cash register at the supermarket, you see it, you want it, but you don't NEED it.  So you buy it to satisfy a short term craving, but long term realize that may have been unnecessary.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:38 AM, BA773 said:

For exemple why batman 635 worth so much if everyone was able to buy them at the time and put them in a box...? 

Doesn't matter how many are out there.

If people want one and only one guy is selling it....he can set the price.

Simple S&D.