• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A question about Superman Triangle Era reading order
2 2

3 posts in this topic

I will start in few time to read superman, and i i know i have to read several titles to understand full story but i have another question... i always look on mycomicshop the description of the book to see which book are a full story and wich book are a part of storyline. 

For exemple with batman:

Batman 540 and 41 as nammed: spectre of the vengance part 1 and 2.

So its easy to understand that i have to read the 2 to follow the story.

And when its a full story book it just not specified "part number..." like for exemple the batman 539 that is a complete story.

So now explained that. The problem with superman, the books are noticed with a weekly number reading order. But when you take each books often nothing seems to indicate in which books the story start and finish.

For exemple superman vol 2 112 :

"Superman's Ex-Girlfriend Lois Lane"

After this issue the next books are adventure of superman 535 but this one seems to be not the second part of the story because is named "Love and war" and not part 2 of "Superman's Ex-Girlfriend Lois Lane". 

So the question is even if there is a continuity in these books are the story individuals or not? Can i read which issue with not specified "part of" in the title, individualy of another book? 

Or maybe during this triangle era there was never an end like in the soap opera like TOP MODEL maybe?:roflmao:

I ask that because i like to jump many years at each reading and not follow the order but however i dont want to cut my reading into a storyline... for exemple im never going to read batman 615 before read the issues 608 to 614 because its a part of the hush storyline and i have to read this in order to enjoy.

I know its was very long i hope you not all already sleep:roflmao: and maybe the greats fans of Superman can help me.

I don't know about the Superman series specifically, but if you look up Superman 112 at mycomicshop.com, there is a link at the top of the entry that brings you over to the reading order for that multi-title continuity. I don't think they would lead you to a subsequent issue that is the back half of a storyline, or right in the middle of an arc. It would defeat the meaning of "reading order".

They all have a general continuity, which is the point of the triangle numbers. The issues with a more specific connection have the story title on the cover, usually at the top and possibly with a number, like these:

storylines.thumb.jpg.5670e0134ae5e5beda7df8ca83bdc00d.jpg