• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Kane Original Art Help Required
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I've seen many people on here, and the general internet, talk about how Bob Kane's original art is often forged. I'm a 17-year-old collector, and today, at Torpedo Con, I picked up my first piece of original art, a Kane piece from a reputable dealer. I'm aware that the dealer is very credible in the community, and I trust them deeply, but I'm anxious as I'm new. The first two images are of the piece I picked up. For extra information, the text on the back of the paper says "Whitney Museum of American Art", in which Kane has had his art on display there before, so I believe this compiled with his living in New York to be hopeful evidence. The text on the back was written in the Arial font, which was made in the early 80s. The rest of the images are similar examples to this piece I've seen on Heritage and the PSA website. Let me know what you think, is it authentic?

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

kane heritage 1.jpeg

heritage 2.jpeg

heritage 3.jpeg

psa.webp

Edited by iancomics