• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The First cheetah Sales Thread in, Like...Forever!
15 15

308 posts in this topic

I used to have a beautiful collection of Central Valley Lil Abner books.  They were so bright and crisp, but this one was always my favorite Lil Abner book, L’il Abner and the Creatures from Drop-Outer Space.  Produced for the Job Corps and still includes the mail in post card ( because what comic book reader wanted to join the job corps!?!?)

Rough shape with a the subscription-like fold.

$30 SOLD!

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

On 11/2/2023 at 6:13 PM, cheetah said:

I used to have a beautiful collection of Central Valley Lil Abner books.  They were so bright and crisp, but this one was always my favorite Lil Abner book, L’il Abner and the Creatures from Drop-Outer Space.  Produced for the Job Corps and still includes the mail in post card ( because what comic book reader wanted to join the job corps!?!?)

Rough shape with a the subscription-like fold.

$30

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

Take

Nice little copy of Mutt ands Jeff 56.  Probably an 8.5-9.0 with a press but 6 without it due to the spine roll and some writing indentations on the cover.

$40 SOLD!

IMG_5929.jpeg

IMG_5930.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

Forbidden Worlds 137, Diamond Run copy. 7.0 at best.  Looks like it was unboarded in a long box at shows for a while.  But here’s your chance to buy a piece of history that is no longer a pedigree.

$15 SOLD!

IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

On 11/2/2023 at 9:30 PM, cheetah said:

Forbidden Worlds 137, Diamond Run copy. 7.0 at best.  Looks like it was unboarded in a long box at shows for a while.  But here’s your chance to buy a piece of history that is no longer a pedigree.

$15

IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

take

These are US-printed copied of Jungle Comics intended for export to Mexico circa 1958.  Also included is a small Kaanga comic. I would say these were well-loved in the tropics and have a great deal of spine wear.

$50 for the lot. SOLD!

IMG_5934.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

On 11/2/2023 at 9:36 PM, cheetah said:

These are US-printed copied of Jungle Comics intended for export to Mexico circa 1958.  Also included is a small Kaanga comic. I would say these were well-loved in the tropics and have a great deal of spine wear.

$50 for the lot.

IMG_5934.jpeg

:takeit:

Jungle Comics 118, looks like a 6.0 but likely had Slightly Brittle pages.  I learned a lot over the years about how PQ is the silent killer of value in GA books.  If you buy raw, you would be well served to learn about it too.  I had a nice looking Jungle Comics 16 that I bought from Harley and that Steve Borock told me looked like an 8.0.  Ended up graded as a 3.0 Slightly Brittle.

$30 SOLD!

IMG_5936.jpeg

IMG_5937.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

On 11/2/2023 at 9:48 PM, cheetah said:

Jungle Comics 118, looks like a 6.0 but likely had Slightly Brittle pages.  I learned a lot over the years about how PQ is the silent killer of value in GA books.  If you buy raw, you would be well served to learn about it too.  I had a nice looking Jungle Comics 16 that I bought from Harley and that Steve Borock told me looked like an 8.0.  Ended up graded as a 3.0 Slightly Brittle.

$30

IMG_5936.jpeg

IMG_5937.jpeg

:takeit:

Jungle Comics 128.  The F/VF on the label looks right.  Pretty sure I did not pay $120 for it but I made more than a couple of errors with prices I paid.

$80 SOLD!

IMG_5938.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

The thread has been updated to list everything that's been sold.  This is what is still available.

First Sale 3 months ago

Sorry, this list wasn't accurate.  I will get something put up in a bit.

Edited by cheetah