• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Hardcore Spawn Collectors (VHTF Musings #2)

4 posts in this topic

So Musings #2 came out almost 30yrs ago (yes we're all old now). I'm thinking of getting it CGC'd because it's an oddity that may be of interest to Spawn collectors. There are only 4 on the census that have ever been graded, the highest is a 9.6 (of which there is only one). As an indie comic there aren't many raw copies on ebay either and because these were read and not collected they're all (charitably) 7.5/8 or lower condition (from what I see).

I'm wondering what the hardcore fans might think of a book like this, it's not a first appearance like a Malibu Sun but it's also kind of a cool outlier that may be significantly rarer. I'm wondering what I might price it at (my copy is 9.6/9.8 territory). It's one of those things that I could throw it up on ebay for $150-$200 but be significantly burned if interest gathers on it down the road - and given the shape mine is in compared to others that may pop up I doubt it will have much competition. Are the spawn collectors intrigued by a book like this? Let me know your thoughts below.

ScreenShot2023-07-17at7_03_03PM.png.8bdb2fbf9051bd2b4885f7506c7f32ba.png

Edited by Pixx_L

Ironically, I actually bought a copy of this on Tuesday of this week. I'll admit that I am not a hardcore Spawn fan. I had never actually heard of it before, but I do feel that early Spawn rarities still have a lot of room for growth. If I were in your shoes, I would hold onto the book.

On 7/20/2023 at 3:47 PM, Brock said:

Ironically, I actually bought a copy of this on Tuesday of this week. I'll admit that I am not a hardcore Spawn fan. I had never actually heard of it before, but I do feel that early Spawn rarities still have a lot of room for growth. If I were in your shoes, I would hold onto the book.

Nice. Just out of curiosity where do you think the grade range is for the copy you found? From what I've seen on ebay over time they're not really well cared for.