• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman #405 (Batman: Year One Part 2)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm thinking about grading Batman #405 (Batman: Year One Part 2) and possibly getting it signed by Frank Miller, and I want thoughts on its condition. I'm mostly worried about the slight bend at the edge of the cover that can be seen on the side right side of the comic. I wonder if that can be pressed out. Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

WOO04759_Print.jpg

WOO04767_Print.jpg

WOO04762_Print.jpg

WOO04765_Print.jpg

WOO04758_Print.jpg

WOO04763_Print.jpg

WOO04760_Print.jpg

WOO04764_Print.jpg

This looks different in different photos. In the full cover shot, the edge looks fairly displaced. In the close-up, I don't notice the same thing. You should look closely at the area for evidence of ink loss (color break) and anything that looks like the paper fibers are disturbed. Pressing just takes out bends & similar that are relatively minor. Without confidence b/c of the photo discrepancy, I'll guess at least a 9.2. I wouldn't bet on a 9.8. Just looking at the FMV of this book, even signed, it seems like a break-even proposition since FM signing + grading fees are quite high. That's not to say you shouldn't. If it's for your collection & you like the book & FM, go for it (I've done this). I wouldn't plan on turning it right around and selling for a profit though. Depends on your plans.